Saturday, November 6, 2021

Bag fronts for Christmas treat bags - -

 Last trip to Dollar Tree I came home with a box of their Christmas cards which I have never bought before but I liked the picture with the glitter and colours. Decided I would use these cards for the front of the treat bags I make for Christmas.  Here is the box of cards:


I had white paper gift bags in the stash so I decided to use them. I went through the paper stash and found red and white card stock from Hobby Lobby for the bag front. Measured the bag and decided what size I needed the striped piece to be so I trimmed that to size and put that on the bag front using the ATG. . 

For the card piece I used the trimmer and cut the front off the card. Used a decorative edge die and I die cut two pieces using the foiled poster board sheets from the Dollar Tree in silver. Cut two more pieces of that for the sides of the card piece. Put the decorative and side pieces onto the card front. Using the ATG I put this onto the bag front. Wanted to have some Poinsettias on the corners of the snowman card front piece so I used the smaller Poinsettia die from Impression Obsession for my flowers:

I die cut the flowers using shiny and foiled card stock and assembled the flowers using mini glue dots. Added a red crystal to the center of the flowers. Using the sprig punch from M Stewart I punched out some sprigs for the flowers. Used TomBow liquid glue to the put the sprigs on the bag front. Here is the photo of the bag front using the Dollar Tree card:

For the Poinsettias I used both shiny and foiled card stock and I used three layers for the larger flowers and two layers for the smaller flowers. For the red foiled "Merry Christmas" I used a die from the stash to cut that out of red mirrored card stock. Put that on the bag front using TomBow liquid glue. Easy project to put together once all the die cut pieces were cut out. The flowers have lots of detail and are easy to bend for dimension. Now off to make the rest of the bags I need . . .


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Very pretty, Candee! A great deal and I love how you put it to use!