Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Thanksgiving Nugget Box

 Recently shopped a used stamping products sale and I picked up the Sizzix Shaker Box die for $10.00 - it is the long steel ruled die on the left in this photo:

I wanted to use the box to hold both chocolate and chocolate with almonds nuggets for Thanksgiving. Here is a photo of the finished boxes:

To begin with I used new seasonal card stock - I believe from CartaBella for the prints on the box and the wrappers for my nuggets. For the solid card stocks I used card stock from the stash in three different colours. First I die cut all the boxes and pieces using my BigShot with the extended plate and a crease pad. Once all the solid and printed pieces were die cut I decided I wanted to line the bottom of my box with white card stock. Using a square scalloped die from my stash I die cut my white pieces for the inside bottom of the box. All prints and the white die cut piece for inside the box I put on the box while it was flat before I assembled the box. I used the ATG to put these pieces on the box. Here is a photo of the white die cut piece inside the box:

For the window on the box I used clear transfer sheets and cut them larger than the window opening and I put the clear sheet on the box using Glossy Accents. For the nuggets I cut my wrapper pieces 1" wide by 3 1/8" long. This length allows me to put the glue dots on the wrapper and wrap it around the candy and the glue dots will adhere to the card stock wrapper rather than to the piece of candy wrapping. Once all my nugget wrappers were cut I ran them over the bone folder to make it easier to wrap the nuggets with the card stock. Here is a photo of the inside of the box showing the wrapped nuggets and the clear sheet window:

For the "Gobble, Gobble" I used a stamp from my stash and rust ink to stamp it onto white card stock. I used a frame die set to die cut this piece out. I put it on the inside flap of the box lid. Using another stamp from the stash I stamped "Thanksgiving Blessings" onto the white card stock and again die cut that out using a frame die. I put this on the top of the box and then tied it closed using twine from the stash:

Added sequins to the label for some sparkle. This box is very easy to assemble and makes for a nice presentation for a nugget treat holder for Thanksgiving. Glad I was able to find this older Sizzix die at the sale for only $10.00 rather than having to pay the new price of over $40.00! This box would also hold tea lights and other candy treats as well. A good find for sure!

No comments: