Sunday, November 14, 2021

A PIC Drop Off

 My PIC (stamping Partner In Crime) dropped off a little goodies bag last week and I wanted to share some of the items inside her bag -- Here is the cute Halloween card she made:

She put a note in the envelope explaining that with all the dies she owns she does not have a Halloween broom die in her stash so she made the broom for the card front -- cute. Fun witch hat also.... so cute card.... she also had a treat holder in the bag she had made:

I took the orange ribbon off and removed the lid and here it the inside:

She enclosed a note letting me know she had seen this idea on "queenbcreations" blog. She also said there was an idea like this for Christmas using the large alpha die set from SU and I had bought that die set years ago on sale -- it was regularly $99.00 for the die set and there was no way I would pay that for any SU product so I waited for a sale and then picked the set up so happy to have another project to use the die set for..... 

I went to the blog she had seen this on and that crafter had a video for her Christmas box and in the video she referenced Candy Ford at her blog: stampcandy.net.  Once you get to her blog go to the search box and type in Tags & Trimmings Ferrero Rocher Box and her post from Dec 2017 will come up for the box. She has all the measurements and directions to print out off her blog. First I had watched the video from 'queenb' and in her video she said she had changed the measurements. But once I found the original posting from Candy Ford I used her measurements that she had in her directions and the box turned out cute -- here is the box closed:

I made one box from start to finish to see how the box, lid, and insert fit together and it is a really easy project to put together... Here is a photo with the lid off and the lid leaning on the box:

This box/treat holder can hold the Ferrero Rocher candies or the Lindt chocolates - anything that is round and about this size. After I had read through the directions I decided I would cut out all my pieces per the instructions but for my gold letters for "HO HO HO" I decided I would glue them down on the insert piece and once dried then I would use the punch to punch out the middle of the "O""


I just think it was easier to glue the letters down and once dried to punch out the circles so that I would know they are all straight and even. Since I did it this way the insert and gluing the letters down was the first thing I did so that they could dry while I cut out the rest of the box pieces. I used red and black card stocks for my boxes/lids since those are the only colours I have in 12x12 card stock that would match some of the Christmas prints I have in the stash.

As Candy suggests I used a glue dot under the tissue piece the Rocher candies have to keep them in place in the box in case the box gets shaken or something and then the candies will be sure to stay in place. Once I finish all the boxes I will post photos of them on the blog. For this first box I used a die from the stash "Happy Holidays" and all the foil card stock I used is the Dollar Tree foiled poster board sheets. They die cut well and are a good weight for this project. Thanks to Candy Ford for her idea and for QueenBCreations for sharing her version and esp to my PIC for giving me the BOO box!! Cute treat holder for sure!  Will add this to the other treat holders I have started for Christmas this year!

No comments: