Friday, November 26, 2021

Gnome Christmas Card

 Started some of the Christmas cards earlier this week and here is one of the cards:

Not all the cards will be the same this year but this is the first design I am using. The card stock base is red with a white panel for the front. The "MERRY" is the Stacked Merry die from MFTstamps that I bought on sale and I die cut that from red foil card stock. I also cut it out using scrap white card stock and stacked those layers together using TomBow glue. The candy stripe strip on the right side of the card front is from American Crafts. For the Gnome I used this die from CottageCutz:

I have worked on these little Gnomes for about a week after work doing it all in stages. First I did all the die cutting using as many of the scraps that I could for the pieces. Stacked the pieces into piles so I could see I had all the pieces I would need:

Then I sponged the edges of the pieces I wanted sponged:

Then, over a couple of days, I glued my pieces/layers together that went together:

This photo shows some of the pieces/layers put together and the next day I did the face, beard, mustache, holly berries with leaves pieces. When all pieces were glued I could assemble the Gnomes and here is a group photo of the Gnomes waiting their card fronts:

With the Gnomes all assembled I cut and scored all the red card stock bases and then cut all the white card stock fronts for the cards. Used pop dots to put the Gnome on the card front:

With the card fronts almost done I cut the white card stock for the inside of the card and stamped my holiday greeting on those with red ink. Working on finishing the rest of the card fronts. Cute Gnome die from CottageCutz - I had bought it last year but did not get a chance to use it for any projects so it was my first choice for holiday cards for this year. Glad to get some use out of the cute Gnome die!  ** Added red crystals to the card front before I mailed the cards out:

the crystals add a little sparkle and shine to the card front:


Now back to other holiday projects -- gift bags and treat holders....


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Wow! This gnome has a lot of pieces but so cut all put together! A fun card, Candee!