Saturday, November 13, 2021

Thanksgiving Treat Bags

 Here is a photo of some of the Thanksgiving Treat Bags I finished this week:

The paper gift bags are from the Dollar Tree and the fall printed card stock is from HobbyLobby.com on sale. I used scraps for the banner piece behind the turkey. The turkey was made using a Spellbinders die and scrap card stocks. Wanted to make rosettes for the bag fronts so I used a Sizzix Rosette die and cut out the rosettes using the scraps from the print on the bag fronts. Used a scalloped circle  die and die cut out circles using scraps and these scalloped circles are the base for my rosette. 

Using fine gold thread from Hobby Lobby I wrapped the thread around my fingers four times and used a piece of tear and tape in the center of the scalloped circle to hold the threads in place:

I used hot glue to put the printed rosette over the scalloped circle and thread piece. Used my tulle templates on my table for my tulle - 

I had made these using circle punches and #110 weight card stock for these templates. Used a Sharpie marker to write the size on the circles. For the tulle on my rosettes I folded my tulle into layers and put the 1 3/4 circle on top of the tulle and cut the tulle around the circle template using scissors. With the circles cut I used hot glue for the center of the rosette to put the tulle on. I used two tulle circles for my rosettes. Used hot glue to put the rosette onto the scalloped circle. Using flat back buttons from Hobby Lobby I put a button in the center of the rosette using hot glue:


Die cut the banner piece from various card stocks from the stash. Used white card stock and cut out matching banner pieces. Used liquid glue to put the printed banner piece onto the white banner piece to make the banner more sturdy. Measured and cut my printed card stocks for the bag front. Put these onto the bag fronts using the ATG. Used tear and tape to put the banner piece onto the bag front. Die cut the turkey and put that altogether using scraps. Wanted to "clean up" the back of the assembled turkey:


so using a circle punch and scrap lightweight cardboard I punched out a circle and put it on the back of the turkey:


Used hot glue to put the rosette at the top of the banner piece on the bag. Put the turkey at the bottom of the banner piece using pop dots and tear and tape. Used scraps for my shadow piece for "Happy Fall" which is a die set from Kat Scrappiness. Used foil poster board sheets from the Dollar Tree for the gold "Happy Fall" pieces. Put the words and shadow pieces together using liquid glue. 

Here is a photo of one of the bags:


Have to fill all the treat holders I made for Thanksgiving and pack the bags but everything is put together now so onto to Christmas projects! 


No comments: