Wednesday, November 1, 2023

BOO Day Bags and projects. . .

For the front of the BOO Day gift bags I was putting together I had an idea of how I would decorate it and thought it would be a good idea.... until..... Recently my PIC (stamping Partner in Crime) and I went to the stamp show in Sevierville, TN. While we were in the area we stopped at the Scrapbook Superstore there and we found a few new things to bring home to our craft room. My PIC showed me the cutest Witch die set by Crafter's Companion she picked up at that store but there was only one left.... sigh.... but the more I thought about that witch for the front of my BOO bags I decided when I got home I would search online to see if I could find a set for me.... Happy for me Scrapbook.com had this die set in stock and within a couple of days ordering it, it arrived..... 

Wanted to use only items in my stash for these BOO bags so I looked through my BOO Day holiday stash bin and found everything I needed except the black craft foam for my letters and of course the Witch die set. All the trims, gems, card stocks I already had so time to put them to good use. Did not have Halloween papers I really liked for the bag front so I used a couple of sheets that I liked and for the other bags I used other prints I had in the stock and they worked with the Witch die set. Here are the 5 bags I put together:





This last one is for my PIC since she loves the colour  purple:


The "Happy Halloween" is from a sale purchase at KatScrappiness. For the bag fronts I cut the card stock to the size I needed and used liquid glue to adhere them to the kraft bag fronts - set them aside with my large clear blocks for them to dry while I worked on other bags:




With all the bag fronts glued and dried I die cut out the Witch die and all her pieces using scrap card stocks only -- decided which hat with which legs and shoes I would put together - put them onto the bag fronts using the liquid glue. Once they dried I added the black or orange ruffled trims at the top of the bag using tear and tape and hot glue. Cut the purple trim from the Dollar Tree and used hot glue to put this onto the ruffled pieces. Used Glossy Accents and added gems from the stash to the front of the bag and the buckles on the Witch hat and shoes. Used black and white twine and tied on pumpkin bells from my stash. For some of the bags I used black glittered spiders that are on a clip from the Dollar Tree that I bought last year and were in my stash:


Also used white muslin and a cotton ball and ribbons and made a ghost pin for everyone to wear on Halloween - here is a photo of the ghost face:


Made his face using a black Sharpie marker.  Of course I went to the bin I keep my paper shred in and I only had one bag of orange, one of black, and two of white... so I just used one bag of the orange, and black, and one of the white and put them together so this is what they look like in the bags:


Inside the treat bags are the Tic Tac holders I made:


I also got out these small pumpkins from the Dollar Tree from last year (?) in the stash bin and decided to use them for Tootsie Pop holders:


Used a pinwheel die from my stash and made a pinwheel using holiday card stocks. Cut a black/orange straw from stash to cover the white stick on the Tootsie Pop. Used hot glue and adhered the straw to the pinwheel. Made a bow from black/white check ribbon and hot glued that to the front of the pinwheel where the straw is glued to the pinwheel. Slid the straw over the stick of the Tootsie Pop. Put a little of the tri coloured paper shred into the plastic pumpkin. Put the Tootsie Pop/pinwheel into the pumpkin and added a little party decoration from the Dollar Tree - again in the stash bin. I used clear candy bags and put this into a candy bag. I closed the bag with Halloween washi tape from the stash. 

I also had made up a box using the My Creative Time Jack O Lantern die set for another post on my blog but altho I liked the way it looked I did not like that the pumpkin shape is not straight across flat in the center of the pumpkin and the box did not stand straight. So I made the box this time that shows around the pumpkin shape but it is totally flat and the pumpkin stays upright so this was a better idea:


The Jack O Lantern die set cuts slits in the front of the pumpkin so I cut the pumpkin out of black card stock and that was the lining to my pumpkin and I also made the box insert black. Again used that black and white ribbon for the bows. For his face I used black glittered card stock. Also in the treat bag is a holiday printed plastic treat bag from the stash - maybe Dollar Tree?? and I had small candies in that.... 

My last two holiday cards using the Ghost die set from This Calls for Confetti:



These two cards I did not mail but put them into bags I gave away -- one of them was for my PIC. The ghost die I cut out of white glittered card stock. Used the Candy Cane alpha letter die set from ScrapDiva Designs and I used orange glittered card stock for those on black card stock. I also used the Spider Bow die set from Scrapdiva and holographic card stock for those. I used Glossy Accents to add the spider bows and letters and face pieces to the white glittered card stock. For the center of each of the spider bows I added sparkly pom poms from my stash. Fun cards to make!

Now to un-orange the craft room and plan and make the rest of the Thanksgiving projects with some of the Christmas projects started...... finally found the top of the craft table and happy to have a clean surface again!!! if only for a minute....

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You always do Boo Day up right, Candee!