Thursday, July 23, 2026

Patchwork Frame Card

For this card I used the 12 patch cover plate die from Tessler Crafts that I had bought at a stamp show long ago:

Recently placed an order for a 6x6 paper pad from Craftystampco.com which is her new "Lovely As A Rose" card stock:

I had shopped her booth at the stamp show in Fredericksburg, VA and bought her Sunflower 6x6 card stock and made two cards right away:

and

Her card stock is really nice - she sells it in packs of double sided card stocks and each pack comes with a clear envelope to store it in. In fact I now store all my 6x6 in those envelopes:


Anyways -- her card stock is not shiny like many 6x6 card stocks are and it is a very nice weight and double sided and easy to work with. When she came out with the Rose print I ordered right away. Here is the card I made:


My card stock base is a light pink card stock, cut and scored at the top. First I cut out the patchwork frame from white card stock. Then I cut it out again using two prints from the 6x6 Rose collection. I used liquid glue to put the white frame onto a piece of white card stock for the card front. Used liquid glue and added all my patchwork squares. With that done I put this on the pink card stock base using liquid glue. (The extra cut out pieces can be used for a second card as well).

For the flower - Franticstamper.com is an online store that is closing its' doors this July 31st as Fran (the owner) is retiring. (All products in her store are now 20% off). With my last order she had enclosed a flower with center die set for free and I used that flower die for the crepe paper flower I made. Here is a photo of that die:


For the sample I had die cut the flower out of scrap pink card stock to show the shape. I took pink crepe paper from my stash and layered 6 pieces and die cut them all at once using the flower die. Crumpled them up in my hand and used a dot of liquid glue in the center to layer these. Added a pink gem from the stash for the center. For the leaves I used an EK Success punch from the stash and punched out two leaf pieces. Sponged the edges of those. Put the flower onto the card front using a large glue dot and tucked the leaves under the flower and put them on the card front using liquid glue.

The sentiment "you're the sweetest" is a hot foil sentiment from the Pinkfresh "Celebrating You" hot foil plate:


I hot foiled that onto white card stock using matte gold foil. This set has matching dies so I cut this out for the card front. I put the sentiment on the card front using liquid glue. Added pink gems from the stash for some sparkle:


Always like making patchwork cards as the card stocks make each one different. In the past I have used this patchwork die vertically and either way it adds to the card front depending on your prints and solids you use. Happy I shopped the "craftystampco" booth at the stamp show as I had never heard of her before this trip so happy to find her!

No comments: