Went through the stash for this card..... a few years back I bought the Tim Holtz Harvey Colorize die set on clearance for $4.49. When I went through the Christmas dies this year I knew I wanted to use this die set and make a card using Harvey. This die set has 19 pieces to it but it is very easy to assemble your guard/nutcracker/soldier or whatever you make with it. Here is a photo of the die set packaging:
Many of the die pieces will tell you a colour to use or a layering number:
Before I started to die cut this set out I printed out a piece chart showing colours to use and which dies are for what. I keep this in the sleeve with the magnet sheet with the dies and the packaging from the die set:
Once again this is a good die set for using card stock scraps. Once I decided what I wanted to make for my card I did all the die cutting of my soldier. Did all the die cutting then sponged pieces and then assembled him using liquid glue. Wanted to use the arch die set again and for this card I used card stock from the stash and I used a larger arch die from the die set and cut out my arched card stock base, cut and scored at the top, using kraft card stock from the stash:
For the card front I used two arch dies and I looked for a holiday print in the stash:
Bought this "Dear Santa" by memory-place collection as a partial pad from the Recycle Creative Reuse store in Greenville, SC one trip long ago. I really liked this printed card stock and wanted to use it on my card front for Harvey:
Again using liquid glue I put these onto the arched kraft card stock base. For my sentiment I used a hot foil plate by Pinkfresh "Perfect Sentiments Holiday" and hot foiled that onto white card stock using shiny gold foil. Using thin foam tape I put Harvey on the left card front, covering up the blue button, and put the hot foiled sentiment to the right of him. Here is the card:
Harvey has built in dimension from the layers of this uniform and many pieces emboss when die cut so it is very easy to put these pieces together:
I added red gems from the stash for some sparkle on the card front. With this card being the arch shape I also used an arch die and cut out a stamped image for the inside of the card:
No comments:
Post a Comment