Went through the stash and pulled out the Scrappy Boy Stamps Bookmark & Toppers die set for my Halloween tags. I wanted an oversize tag and these bookmark dies were the size I needed. Here is a photo of the die set:
Here is a photo of the three tags I have made:
"Typewriter Keys Alphabet" die set. You can cut this apart if you want but I left it in one piece and when I die cut it I get a full alphabet of letters and I keep the ones I do not use then in a little box for another project:
For this tag I used three different colours of typewriter keys I die cut and spelled out "BOO" I put those on the right side of the tag using liquid glue. At the bottom of the tag I used a pumpkin I punched out using an old Marvy face punch and a M Stewart solid pumpkin punch. I used a piece of orange washi tape and tore a piece of that and put it on the tag bottom. Put the pumpkin over the washi tape using liquid glue. Added a small date tag "Oct 31" to the top corner of the bottom of the tag piece. Used an old dollar punch from Michaels and punched out black glittered card stock bugs for my tag. Put the ghost on the front of the tag using pop dots. Tied ribbons from the stash to the top of the tag. Added small orange gems from the stash all over the tag. At the top of the tag on the tag topper I added a piece of torn "caution" washi tape and glued a bug near that.
This next tag:
For this tag I used the Hero Arts Spooky Season Betterpress sentiment plates for my sentiment:
Used holographic silver foil to hot foil this:
I used a Halloween sentiment washi tape and put that across the tag topper "Happy Halloween". For the witch hat I used a punch from the stash and black card stock and punched out two hats and layered them using liquid glue to make them sturdy. Went through the bow dies in the stash and used a poofy bow die and cut the hat stash and bow from orange glittered card stock. Used the same spider tulle and orange gems from the stash. Again punched out more black bugs for the tag front and hat....
The third tag:
This tag is on a black card stock tag base and the front tag piece I used a dark gray card stock and glued that to the black tag base. For the layering piece I used a piece of orange card stock that has black spiders all over it. Used a cream and black spider webs card stock for the top and bottom of the tag. Used the word "spooky" I die cut from the Typewriter Keys Alphabet die set. I cut that out of white and backed those with a black card stock circle I punched out using a 3/4" circle punch. Glued the together and then sponged the edges using black ink and a dauber.
Again under the pumpkin at the bottom I used a small piece of torn washi tape. The smaller ghost is white glittered card stock and I put him on the tag front using pop dots. Added orange gems and bugs to the tag front. On the tag topper piece on the top I used a Halloween sentiment washi tape and tore a piece of that for the tag topper "Trick or Treat". For all tags I tied trims and ribbons at the tag top.
I really like all the die pieces in this bookmark die set so lots of different looks you can make using just the one die set. Here is a photo showing some of the typewriter words I made using scraps for other projects:
Lots of options with this die set as well. As well as a good use for scraps of card stocks.... Fun to work on a Halloween project using items from the stash and nothing new was bought and brought in for... Also more use of the holiday card stock stash.....
No comments:
Post a Comment