Saturday, September 5, 2026

Spider Web Ghost Card

 

For this card I used black card stock for the card base. I used the Spellbinders Essential Arch die set to cut out the card base.  The front of the card I used the Spellbinders Color Block Essential Arch die set and cut out a black arch. I put this on a white arch die cut to give the edges the color block look. 

The spider web background behind the ghost was made using the Spellbinders large 3D embossing folder "Spider Web":

This is a new 3D folder from Spellbinders and it is large and it has two designs to emboss a larger piece of card stock with. If you use the larger card stock and emboss with this folder then you will have two fronts already embossed for cards:

I cut my black card stock to the size I wanted for a card front and embossed this piece only using the bottom half of this embossing folder. Once it was embossed I lightly ran a white ink pad over the embossed design on the card stock and set this aside to dry. For the ghost with flowers on my card I used the Hero Arts die set "Free Spirit":

I die cut the ghost and flowers out of white and used various ink to ink them. Went back to my spider web embossed piece and I used a smaller arch die from the arch die set to cut out my spider web. With this being embossed with a 3D embossing folder the embossed design on the card stock is deep and even with die cutting out the arch die the embossed piece still has a raised design:

The design still gives the card front dimension. The ghost is on the card front using pop dots. Added all the flowers using tear n tape. Added one of the Halloween sentiment stamps I just stamped using the Frantic Stamper Retro Label Halloween Sentiment set and I had stamped that onto white card stock using black ink and cut it out using scissors. Added small orange gems from the stash for some sparkle on the card front. For the ghost eyes and flower centers I also used clear Wink of Stella for a little sparkle..... Happy the die cutting machine did not smash my 3D embossed spider web when I cut out the arch shape as I was not sure if any of the design would still be dimensional...

No comments: