Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Folded Tree Christmas Card


Used the Sizzix circle die which is 3 5/8" wide. Cut out one circle using double sided card stock. Using the paper trimmer I cut that circle in half and folded 1/2 of the circle into this tree. I took the 1/2 circle to the score board with the straight edge at the top of the score board. Scored this straight down on the left top side at 1". Then began to fold the tree into my folded tree --- key to making this tree is to be sure your folds are sharp so use your bone folder on all folds:


Once you make your first fold on your scored line then fold that back to the fold line and keep folding until you have 3 folds and that is your tree shape:



As you can see I folded both sides of my circle that I had cut in half to show what it looks like with the double sided card stock with one side up and the opposite side up --- here is a closer photo of the tree on the card:


Once my tree was folded I added a gold star to the top that was made using a M Stewart star punch.  For the card I cut and scored a cream piece of card stock for the card stock base. Cute a holiday printed card stock for the card front. Using a 1 1/2" wide piece of cream card stock for the front of the card and stamped the Merry Christmas DeNami Design stamp using red ink -- this is one of the stamps from my recent find on Craigs List.

Using my new Mini Scallop die from MFTstamps.com I cut the scallops at the top and bottom of the 2 1/8" piece of red card stock that is under the greeting piece. Put the green card stock on the card front and then put the greeting/scallop piece on that. Using pop dots I added my folded tree. Tucked a brown tree trunk under the tree and then added two red crystals to the greeting.

The folded trees are easy to do once you have your first score line on there and just use a bone folder to make all your folds sharp. TFL and YOLO

2 comments:

MaryH said...

TFS this pretty technique. I have some old cloth napkins that were made for me, look like this. I will be coming back to review your directions and try this! You're SO clever!!! Hugs

Brenda said...

So that's how these trees are made?!! Thanks Candee! I love, love this card. That sentiment stamp is awesome. Hugs, Brenda