Saturday, September 27, 2014

Once around the block . . . treat holders


Used the Envelope Punch Board to make these BOO Day treat holders --- really easy videos on the how-to's on YouTube -- but I will explain what I did:  I used a 6" x 6" pad of card stocks for my holders -- these are all double sided card stocks which is what you need to make these holders.

Here is a photo of a sheet of the 6" x 6" card stock:


Cut it down to 5" x 5":


Place this on your punch board with the left side of the card stock at the 2" mark -- punch, score and then turn once. This second time put the left side of the card stock at the 3" mark -- punch, score, and turn again. This third time put the left side of the card stock at the 2" mark -- punch, score, and turn again. This last side put the left side of the card stock at the 3" mark -- punch, score, and you are done.





 At this time decide if you want your four corners to be rounded. On my holders the spider web holder on the left I left the corners pointed. On the ghost holder on the right I cut out my holder and then used the corner rounded punch that is built into the Envelope Punch Board and rounded all my corners. Once all your scored lines are made use a bone folder to crease the lines and use red sticky tape to hold your holder together:


For my spider card stock treat holder I used the stamp set from MFT Lollipop Treat Halloween stamp set for the greeting. Used a circle punch and a scalloped circle punch I punched out the pieces for the greeting. Used a Marvy bug punch and punched out a bug from shiny black card stock. Used a piece of black ribbon to wrap around the treat holder and put my greeting on the front using large glue dots. Then added the Fun Size Hershey candy bar:


For the ghost holder, again used double sided card stock and made the holder. This time, after I punched out the holder on the Envelope Punch Board, I used the corner rounder punch on the board and rounded all the corners. The "Boo" was stamped onto orange card stock and I cut that out using a banner die from Frantic Stampers. The ghost was cut out using a Sizzix die. Put the banner piece under the ghost and the ghost is on the holder with pop dots for dimension. Added the Hershey Fun Size candy bar and the holder was complete:


This is a quick project to put together and it is good for using card stocks you may not be fond of. TFL and YOLO

2 comments:

Renee DC said...

These are terrific just what I was looking for/ thanks for posting all the instructions it doesn’t look too hard

Just Joni said...

Yes - just what I was looking for - easy peasy so i could make a dozen very quickly! Thanks so much!