Sunday, November 2, 2014

Envelope Punch Board Treat Holder


Saw this video by PootlesPapercraft on Youtube.com for a mini candy cane box using the Envelope Punch Board.  The video is titled: Stampin Up Advent Countdown 11 and this will bring up her mini candy cane box. This mini candy cane box video is short and it explains all the measurements, punched markings, and score lines.

For my box I used an older pad of 6 x 6 double sided card stock from Stampin Up and I used the green card stock from that. Cut it to the size I needed for my box -- if you should use any of the double sided card stock for this box from Stampin Up be aware they have their logo on both sides of the double sided card stock so be sure to cut your card stock so that their logo will not end up on the front of your project where it will be seen.

Once I cut my piece to the size I needed I used the Envelope Punch Board by We R Memory Keepers to punch and make all my scored lines. Here is a photo of my holder:


Once I had my box punched and scored lines made I used red sticky tape to hold it together. Used kraft card stock from Mikes for the belly band -- then put the belly band around my box using red sticky tape:


For the pumpkin I used the Thanks 2 Fall stamp set and matching pumpkin dies from The Stamps of Life and stamped that onto scrap white card stock. Used an oval punch from Hobby Lobby for the chevron pumpkin piece in the center of the pumpkin. Also used the stem die from that die set for the pumpkin stem. Used a vine die from Sizzix for the vine and the leaf on the pumpkin. Added a small bow from ribbon from the stash by the stem. Using large glue dots I put the pumpkin over the belly band.

For the greeting "Happy Thanksgiving" I used a stamp from The Stamps of Life stamp set Mini Tags 2 Cut. Cut the greeting out using the Spellbinders Charmed, I'm Sure die set. Put the pumpkin on the box front using large glue dots. Tucked the greeting banner under the belly band and that is on the box using a small glue dot.

 Quick and easy treat holder to make up and I found not only does it hold the mini candy canes but I put two Ghiradelli candies in mine:




And also it can hold two of the Hershey Fun Size candy bars:


Or the Fun Size bag of M&M candies:


This is a good pattern that will hold different treats so it will be good as a table marker, a treat holder, favor box, etc.. Thanks to Sam for sharing her box and making an easy video to follow. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Donna S said...

7 years later and your post is still relevant and super cute! Thanks