Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Sew . . . what's new?

'Tis the season or something like that. . .  have been working on sewing fabric ornaments for Christmas. I make them for tie-on's for presents or just an small ornament for the tree and here are some of the fabric ornaments I have been working on --- and tomorrow it will be back to card making for me --

Every year I try to make a new angel for Christmas and this year I found these little cuties on this blog:

http://wienblog-selimutku.blogspot.ca/2013_10_01_archive.html

Cute idea and basically you trace the circle around a CD or DVD and that is the robe for the angel. For my angel wings I used the hearts Spellbinders die set and I used the second largest heart die and cut out my felt wings. I used a 3" circle for the muslin angel head and sewed a yoyo from that. Look at the photos on her blog to see all she did --- cute angels and easy to put together:



Now for Santa baby -- had seen him on:

http://wienblog-selimutku.blogspot.ca/2013_10_01_archive.html

But I adjusted the pattern as I wanted his face to have a straight even piece. Camera did not do well with the glare on his eyes but here he is and the second photo is to show his size -- he is less than 6" long:



Now for "Lollipop, Lollipop, oh Lolly Lolly pop". I had seen these on Youtube.com and the title of the video is Fabric Yo-Yo Lollipop Christmas Ornaments. Easy video to follow and lots of how-to tips on that. But once again I did not sew my rectangles together by hand as he suggested as I did them assembly line on the sewing machine much faster. Here is a group photo of my lollipops using buttons from the button jar and ribbons from my stash --- fabrics are from Hobby Lobby:





Thanks to all the inspiration out there for holiday crafts and patterns. TFL and YOLO.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

These are really cute Candee! My favorite is the lollipop ones, too cute!! Hugs, Brenda