Sunday, February 25, 2018

Easter Treat Holders


Made more of the treat holders for Easter using the Classic Rose Mold from Heartfelt Creations. This time instead of spritzing my flowers with Shimmer Mist I put glitter on the tips of the rose petals:


The egg carton on the back left side of the photo is from Stampin Up. I spritzed colour on it and set it aside to dry. While that dried I cut out a stitched frame die from white card stock and put that over a white lattice die cut piece using red sticky tape. Once the egg carton was dry I put the lattice frame onto the carton top. Used a white Pearls Pen for the intersections of the lattice piece. Used a greeting stamp from Reverse Confetti and Stampin Up Pool Party ink for the banner piece. Banner was made using the banner punch from Stampin Up:


For the rose and leaf pieces I used the Classic Rose stamp and matching die set from Heartfelt Creations. To mold the rose pieces and leaf pieces I used their Rose Shaping Mold. Pool Party ink was used for the rose and Pistachio Pudding ink was used for the leaf pieces. This time when I used the shaping mold I stacked two die cut pieces in the mold at a time so I could shape more flower pieces at a time. If you should do this be sure once the mold goes through your die cutting machine that you separate your pieces while they are still damp so they do not dry stuck to each other. For the shimmer on the leaf pieces I used Pearls Shimmer Mist.

Once I made the roses I put a small amount of glue on the tips of the petals and sprinkled my glitter on each flower taping off the excess. Set these aside to dry. For the banner piece once that was cut out I ran it over the bone folder to give it some shape. Used glue dots to put the leaf pieces on top of the framed lattice piece on the carton top. Also used glue dots to put the rose on top of the leaf pieces. Tucked the banner piece under the leaves and rose and used glue dots for that.

This next treat holder holds five of the Hershey nugget candies. The box was made using the Gift Card Box die from Close To My Heart. I cut out the box from a sheet of Pool Party card stock. Wanted to stamp a design on this so I used the Stampin Up Something Lacy stamp and inked it with Pool Party ink and stamped my die cut box piece while it was still flat. I used scrap card stock so I could mask the die cut box piece so my stamped image would not overlap on the box. For the oval window on the box top I used plastic packaging and cut out the piece to fit behind the oval window. Put that on the die cut piece using red sticky tape. Here is a closer photo of the box:


and a photo of the bottom of the box to show the stamped image:


For the basket:


The basket was cut out using the Stampin Up Berry Basket die and I cut two pieces using Pool Party card stock. With the two basket pieces cut out I wanted to add some texture to the basket pieces. I used the Basket Weave embossing folder by Lifestyle Crafts and embossed just the sides of the basket die cut pieces. Cut a white paper doily from the craft store in half and put that on one of the sides of the basket using double sided tape. This would be the front of the basket.  Used red sticky tape and assembled the basket. Since I had two handle pieces cut out I put them on top of each other using the ATG to make my handle stronger. Put the handle on the basket using brads.

Used glue dots to put the die cut leaf piece and the rose on the front of my basket over the doily piece. Filled the basket with white paper shred from the dollar store and will add the candy treats closer to Easter. Still working on candy holders to put into the basket and the egg carton and will post those as they are done.

One of the BEST products I  have bought in a long time is the Rose Shaping Mold from Heartfelt Creations... WHO would have guessed making roses would be this easy and fun? Roses are perfect for Easter as well as Mother's Day so am sure I will be getting lots of use out of the mold!! Just glad that my PIC (stamping Partner In Crime) and I went to the stamp show last weekend so I could see the molds demonstrated at the Heartfelt Creations booth!!

FYI -- recent stop at Walgreens and I picked up egg shaped Ferrero Rocher candies. They have two flavors so I will be putting one of those eggs as well as a Cadbury egg in the egg cartons I am decorating for Easter. Had never seen the Ferrero eggs before so hoping everyone likes them. TFL

No comments: