Thursday, March 1, 2018

Regal Easter


Stampin Up has an ink colour Regal Rose. Wanted to use this ink and card stock for some of my Easter projects but it is a strong pink shade so I decided to tone it down a bit. . . I had bought the egg cartons from Stampin Up when they were on the Clearance Rack and I spritzed some of the cartons with rubbing alcohol mixed with SU re-inkers to "paint" the egg cartons. For this egg carton I wanted to use it as it came - all natural. I used the Heartfelt Creations Classic Rose stamp and die set and their Rose Shaping Mold to make my flowers:


As I had done on other egg cartons I made for Easter I used the lattice die from Spellbinders and cut out a piece of cream card stock larger than what I needed for the egg carton top. Used a square frame die to cut out my frame piece. Laid the frame piece over the die cut lattice piece and traced around the frame using a pencil. Trimmed the lattice piece with the trimmer to fit behind the frame piece. Put the frame onto the trimmed lattice piece using red sticky tape. Put these onto the egg carton top using more red sticky tape. Using a white Pearls pen I put the pearls on the lattice intersections.

Stamped, sponged, die cut my rose pieces and leaf and vines pieces. For the rose I used a glue pen on the edges of the rose petals and added clear glitter to that. For my leaf/vines pieces I cut those out and then spritzed Pearls Shimmer Mist on them for a little sparkle. Put the leaf/vines pieces and my rose on top of the framed lattice piece using glue dots. For the greeting banner "easter greetings" I used a stamp from Reverse Confetti. Trimmed it to size and used the SU banner punch for the banner end. Ran it over the bone folder to give the banner a wavy look and put this on the egg carton top using glue dots. Added a butterfly I used a M Stewart punch for and I had spritzed the butterfly using Pearls Shimmer Mist also. Put the butterfly on the egg carton top using glue dots:


This photo shows the inside of the carton filled with a Cadbury Egg, a Ferrero Rocher Egg, mini peanut butter cups, and egg candies from Hersheys with paper shred from the dollar store:


I cut a piece of flower printed card stock to line the inside of the egg carton lid using a floral piece to tie in with the rose on the cover. For this next project I used a smaller rose for the front:


I tilted the Stampin Up Berry Basket I made to show the rose on the side and the embossing. Used the Berry Basket die and cut out my basket using the #110 weight cream card stock from Mikes. Wanted to add texture to the basket pieces and where there is a will there is Ebay....

Stampin Up has a special going on where a customer spends $50 and gets certain products free. In order to get their new Basket Weave Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder a customer would have to spend $100 and then the customer could get a stamp set with this embossing folder for free...... Could not justify spending $100 just to get to this embossing folder.... so went to Ebay. Found a seller and my embossing folder arrived today -- :0)


Just in time for my cream Berry Basket for Easter!  This embossing folder may or may not show up in any of their catalogs so I was happy to buy it off Ebay. This folder embosses deeply so you need a special "sandwich" to use when you are embossing with it. I used my Cuttlebug and I used the A plate, then the card stock in the embossing folder, and then the B plate. Each machine is different but this is what worked for me.

Once I had my basket pieces die cut and then embossed I put the basket together. Trimmed a white doily and put it on one side of my basket. This would be the front of the basket. Put the handle on my basket using brads. With the basket assembled I added my rose, leaf/vines piece, and butterfly using glue dots. Inside this basket are two mini Girardelli bunnies, peanut butter cups, and Tootsie Roll eggs with paper shred:


Here is a photo of the two treat holders together:



These Regal Roses are the third roses I have made using the Heartfelt Creations Rose stamps/die/molds set. One of the better stamping items I have bought for sure.... Also am happy I left the egg carton in the natural colour to help tone down the strong Regal Rose colours. Two more fun projects for Easter treats!  TFL

No comments: