Saturday, May 5, 2018

Spring Tissue Card


What is old is new again -- used the Faux Silk technique that France Martin demonstrated in her video on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AzFMQH_JQc&t=25s


For my card I used a kraft card stock base and cut and scored that with the fold on the left side. For the card front I used pink card stock and cut that to size. Used the ATG and put the pink piece onto the kraft card stock base.

Like "Frenchie stamps" in her video I also used the Stampin Up Indescribable Gift stamp set. For my white tissue I used tissue from the dollar store and I stamped my flower image on the non-shiny side of my tissue paper. (If you should try this technique be sure you cut your tissue piece much larger than what you will need for your piece). Once stamped I followed her instructions for using markers on the backside of the stamped tissue.  Set it aside to dry.

Using a white paper doily from the dollar store I cut that in half for my card front. Used a scalloped frame die and cut out a kraft card stock frame to go over my stamped tissue piece. With my items cut I used a piece of white/GP and cut it a bit larger than I would need for my card front. Covered that with TomBow glue and smeared it all over the white card stock with my finger being sure to have glue on all my edges. Cleaned the glue off my hands and then took the stamped tissue paper and crumpled that up. Gently opened it - not to tear it - and laid it on top of the white card stock that was covered in glue. Tapped the tissue into the glue -- do not smooth out the wrinkles on the tissue paper as that is the texture you want. Be sure your edges are glued down. Set this aside to dry.

With that dried I then trimmed this stamped tissue piece to the size I needed to fit behind the die cut frame I had cut out. Decided it was "too white" and blank so using a stamp from the Stampin Up stamp set Eclectic Expressions I inked the stamp and stamped it off onto scrap paper and then stamped it randomly onto my tissue piece to fill in the background. For the greeting I used a stamp from an Easter stamp set from Reverse Confetti and stamped that using brown ink. Used thin red sticky tape to put the die cut scalloped frame over the tissue piece. I laid this piece onto the card stock base and put the two half doilies where I wanted on the card front. With that decided I used double sided tape to put the doily half pieces onto the card base. Then used large glue dots to put the tissue piece on top of the doilies and on the card front.


Easy card to put together and thanks to Frenchiestamps.com (France Martin) for sharing this technique and cards on her video.

No comments: