Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Over and Under Cards


Here are two cards I made using the Fun Stampers Journey Rose Garden die set:


For both cards I started with a sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" white/GP card stock and covered that with distress inks and also Stampin Up Only Orange ink:


Wanted more spots of colour on this than the colours spread out so some colours were added in small areas and others in larger areas. Half of the sheet I left with a more pastel look and the other half had the darker shades. With this sheet covered I took it to the trimmer and cut it in half width ways so I had two pieces. For the more pastel piece I die cut the Fun Stampers Journey Rose Garden die set. With that die cut I cut and scored a yellow card stock base with scored at the top. Cut a piece of white/GP card stock to fit behind the rose die cut piece. Used a glue pen and put the die cut rose piece onto the white/GP piece. Set this aside. Here is a photo to show the pastel colours on the die cut piece:


For the vellum banner across this card front I used the MFT All Occasion Sentiments stamp set and purple ink and stamped this using the MISTI. Used the heat tool to set the ink. Put the vellum strip over the die cut card front and attached it to the back of this using double sided tape. Using the ATG I put this onto the yellow card stock base. Added sequins using micro mini glue dots. Here is that card:


Using white/GP card stock I cut out the Rose Garden die set. I trimmed the other piece of distress inked card stock to the fit behind this rose die cut piece. Used a glue pen to put the white/GP rose die cut piece onto the the inked card front. Set this aside. Cut and scored a card stock base of orange card stock with the scored line at the top. Set that aside.

For the banner piece on this card I used scrap white/GP card stock and stamped a stamp from the same MFT stamp set using Stampin Up Only Orange ink. Used the ATG and put this banner piece across the card front and trimmed the edges to be the same size as the card front. Used the ATG and put this onto the orange card stock base. Here is a photo of the card front and a photo of the banner piece:



Used clear crystals from the stash to add some sparkle to the banner piece of this card. Both cards show off the Rose Garden die but using the distress inked pieces gives each card a different look. TFL







No comments: