Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Valentine Bags

For the paper bag to hold the Valentine treat holders I made I wanted to use a smaller bag than I had used for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Here is a photo of the Thanksgiving bag I decorated:

For the flowers on that bag I cut apart flowers I bought at the Dollar Tree. I layered them onto a die cut doily and added ribbon across the front of the bag.  For my Christmas bag I wanted the front of the bag to be covered with a 6x6 holiday print card stock from Mikes.  I made the paper poinsettia using a Spellbinders die:

For the Valentine bags I used a smaller white bag and I wanted to have the front of the bags to feature red and white. Here are some of the bags:

And a close up of one of the bag fronts:

To begin with I used a Simon Says heart stencil and used my Make Art Stay-tion to cover the stencil with red ink using make up brushes from Amazon. Once that was done I trimmed it to the size I wanted for the card front. Using a scalloped rectangle die from my stash I die cut a scalloped rectangle using the #110 weight white card stock from Mikes. Used 1/8" tear and tape and put the frame over the stenciled hearts piece. Cut a piece of red card stock slightly larger than the hearts piece and I put those together using the ATG.

For the "Happy Valentine's Day!" I die cut that out of red glittered card stock and used TomBow glue to put that onto a heart paper doily from the craft store. Used double sided tape and put the heart doily/greeting piece onto the stenciled piece. Used the ATG and put these onto the bag front. At the bottom of this is a border trim I picked up at the Dollar Tree:

I used scissors to trim this adhesive border to the size I needed for the bag front and put it at the bottom of the bag:

For the red flower I recently made a stop at Hobby Lobby and picked up this floral trim that was on sale for half price:

It is sold on a spool and they are organdy fabric flowers that are sewn onto red tulle. I used scissors to cut one flower off the roll and I also trimmed the tulle to the edge of the flower. I used a 1" circle punch and punched out a white card stock circle to hot glue to the back of the flower piece. This gives the flower a stiff back. Used a leaf die from the stash and die cut the green leaves to put behind the flower.  Dug out some of my plastic trim pieces - buttons and such - and hot glued one of them to the center of each flower. This flower is very soft looking and very flat compared to the flowers I have used on my other holiday treat bags. Used a small heart punch and punched out two small hearts from red glittered card stock and added them to the bag front using mini glue dots.

For the tiny tag I used a small tag from the stash and cut out white tags. Using a 1" heart die I received from Taylored Expressions for a recent order I cut out the small die from various card stocks and put them in the white tag piece. I also used washi tape from my stash to add some print and sparkle and shine to the tag pieces. For the clothespins I had plain clothespins in my stash and I used scrap printed card stocks to cover the clothespins. The red plastic heart is from a bag of table scatters from the Dollar Tree. I used a dot of E6000 and a little hot glue to hold the heart onto the clothspin. Easy bags to put together and this weekend I will add the tissue paper to the inside of the bags with all the treat holders I made. Glad I was able to finish everything without having to rush and run out of time.... unlike Christmas!!   :0(     TFL

No comments: