Sunday, February 20, 2022

Foil Friday - - -

 Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil machine joined my craft room long ago but when I used it I was not happy with the wasted foil left over from the projects/cards I had foiled.... and there the machine sat.....

Fast forward to now -- here and there I have watched videos on YouTube for hot foiling with many tips and tricks and all. . . Then came the solid hot foil plate from PinkFresh from Heather. I watched videos using the solid hot foil plate and thought I would give it a try hoping it would do as they said using the waste pieces of the hot foil. 

I ordered the solid plate with other hot foil products from PinkFresh:


When my order arrived I put my hot foil plates in the plastic sleeves that I bought on sale from EllenHutson.com. I use a red Sharpie and marked the top of the packaging - D means there is a matching die with that hot foil plate and I keep that die in the plastic sleeve with the plate. The S means there is a matching stencil and that is also in the plastic sleeve with that hot foil plate. 

Using the Tiny Hearts hot foil plate from PinkFresh I made a sample piece using the Glimmer Hot Foil machine:


For this sample piece I used no extra shim just to see how my Big Shot would work with the hot foiled piece. 

Clearly by the sample I saw that I would need one card stock piece as a shim to add to my sandwich for my Big Shot machine. I added the shim piece and again used the Tiny Hearts hot foil plate with gold foil for the front of my Valentine Cards:


Watching all the YouTube videos on hot foiling I learned the best results with foiling is using the Hammermill card stock. I ordered my card stock from Amazon. When it arrived I cut a good amount of the sheets into four pieces and I keep them in a covered box with my foil supplies and machine on the Raskog cart I have set up for hot foiling. My gold foil is from Spellbinders and the red heart is glittered card stock that I die cut with a large heart die. The "love" is a hot foil plate from SimonSaysStamps and I bought the matching die set for that and I keep them together in the plastic sleeve I keep my foil plates in. 

My second Valentine's cards I made this year I used the hearts stencil from Maker Forte and this was my first purchase from them:


Their stencils are larger than an A2 card so you can stencil a larger area if you want to using their stencils. Here is my card:

The stencil design almost looks dimensional and that the smaller hearts are just floating on the design. Their stencils are nice quality and they are made in the USA. Fast shipping as well. Two fun card designs using new products in the craft room.....

No comments: