Sunday, November 19, 2023

Turkey Day Bags

 For the front of my treat bags for Thanksgiving I used the new Turkey die from IO Stamps by Anna Wight. IO had a sale and I was happy to be able to pick up this die. Since he has a lot of pieces I assembled him using the assembly line method for all the turkeys. But after I did all the die cutting and sponging of the pieces I decided not to use the dark plaid card stock for the turkey tail and I instead used a glittered print card stock from my stash. This turkey die has a one piece tail unlike other dies that may have layers. When this die set cuts out the tail it is all one piece with stitched lines in two places on this tail:

Here is the assembly line of all the turkey pieces:

As I was sponging the pieces:

Here are a few photos of the bag fronts once they were completed:






The gold rick rack was die cut using a trim die at IO Stamps, again by Anna Wight, and I cut that out of gold poster board from the Dollar Tree. The pumpkins were die cut out of scraps using the Stitched Pumpkins die set from Lawn Fawn. The large tag shape the turkey is on is a die from a multi tags die set from Little B. Burlap flowers were on clearance at HobLob last year. "Let's Get Stuffed" is from a new stamp set at IO Stamps. Used a sign die set to cut that out so the turkey could be holding the sign. The "Give Thanks" is from a kit from Waffle Flower and I used scrap card stocks for that and put clear packing tape over the scrap card stock and then cut out the words - easy way to add shine to the letters. Inside the bags:


"Grateful" and "Thankful" words are from a Frantic Stamper die set and again used Dollar Tree foiled poster board for those. Twine is from the stash.


Hershey nugget candies wrapped with holiday printed card stock and I made the kraft card stock tray to put the nuggets on. Tie bags closed with twine and gold pumpkin is from HobLob from last year. 


Gable box is a die from Fun Stampers Journey. Made the rosettes using printed card stock and hand cute the gold sparkle tulle for the front of the rosette. Here is my circle pattern I lay on top of stacked tulle and cut it out with scissors:


A closer photo of a rosette with two layers of the sparkle tulle:


Used a crate die from Concord & 9th and the Sunflower bag topper from Scrapdiva Design for this treat holder:


Bought one Heath bar and made my own pattern so I could include a Heath bar for everyone's treat bag:



Recent trip to Dollar Tree I picked up the heavy duty adhesive foam mounting tape that is sold in the tools section of the store. I had bought the ones available on the craft aisle but these are supposed to work better so I was happy to find them:


Also I picked up three gold foil poster board sheets and brought them home and cut them apart so I will have this poster board foil sheets for future projects. They used to see foil poster board sheets cut smaller in a variety pack but I have not seen those in a few years. Was happy to find the foiled poster board as well as the other foam mounting tape. Now onto Christmas.......

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

As usual you have made fantastic turkey day gift bags! Thanks so much for the beautiful Thanksgiving card! I hope you have a wonderful holiday!