Monday, March 3, 2014

Easter Cut Away Card


Blue card stock base is from Close To My Heart. The white is GP and the lighter card stock is Pool Party. The stamped basket/eggs image is a stamp from Serendipity Stamps from 2007.

To make this card:  Cut and scored the blue card stock base as usual. Then using the trimmer cut 2" off the right front of the card. Set this aside. Using white/GP TWO PIECES I embossed them in the Cuttlebug using the Cuttlebug Scrollwork embossing folder. Trim one of the embossed pieces to the size you want for the inside of the card. Put that on the inside of the card using the ATG. Then used a greeting stamp from Repeat Impressions from 2002 and using blue ink I stamped the greeting on that:


Set that aside. Cut a piece of white/GP larger than what I would need and stamped my basket/eggs image using StazOn black ink. Set that aside.

Using the second embossed white card stock piece I cut it to the size I would want for the left front of my card, lining up the design so it would match and look continual when the card is closed:



The "for you" tag on the basket image is a stamp from the SU Teeny Tiny Wishes "Just for You". I only inked the "for you" and stamped that onto scrap white/GP. Used the jewelry tag punch for that and added a blue crystal to that. Put that on the basket image using a glue dot:


And this photo shows the card standing up:


TFL and YOLO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent job lining up the embossing folder. You do great work. Reva

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Candee, I love that stamp.