Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Woven Easter Basket





This is the Woven Basket die set from MFTstamps.com. If you should want to make this a free standing basket to hold treats you need the Trapezoid Treat Box die also from MFT:



I have used these dies in the past for a basket on a card front, treat holder basket, and I masked out the woven part of the die and used a small hearts border embossing folder for the red Valentine treat holder:






For the Woven Easter Basket I am posting today I used the two die sets but wanted to change the front of the basket so it would look like a woven Easter basket. 

Using kraft card stock from Mikes I cut strips of 1/4" wide x 11". Then used a light brown ink and sponged the edges of the strips. Wove them together into a square piece. Using the basket die as a pattern I put that die on top of the woven strips (on the backside) and traced the basket die using a pencil. Once that was done I put red sticky tape on the inside of the pencil lines and then cut out the pattern piece - - as you can see in this photo I have enough woven strips to make two baskets:



The reason for the red sticky tape to be on this piece before I cut it out was to be sure to hold the woven strips together. Once the woven basket front was cut out I cut out the other pieces for the basket --- a basket front, back, and two Trapezoid Treat Box pieces for the insert inside the basket. So I had the four pieces for the basket/insert as well as the woven piece.

Before I put things together I used a decorative punch for the pink across the basket front and I also used the accessory dies that come with the basket and cut out a bow using the pink card stock. Using a Marvy scalloped circle punch and punched that out. Then stamped and punched out a Petite Petals flower on scrap white/GP card stock. Then used the Trio Flower punch I punched out a pink flower. Using the bone folder I curled the edges of these three punched pieces. Layered them together using glue dots and put a pink crystal in the center of that. Put these on top of the bow I had cut out using a glue dot. Set this aside.

Assembled the basket/insert using red sticky tape. Using the ATG I added adhesive to the backside of my woven piece and put that on the basket front. Using the ATG I put the decorative punched pink piece across the top of the basket and put the flower/bow pieces on using a glue dot.

Here is the woven basket:


A closer photo of the woven front:


And a closer photo of the flowers/bow piece:


Filled the basket with pink paper shred from the dollar store and that awaits treats for the Easter holiday. Another look for the MFT basket die set. TFL and YOLO

No comments: