Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Irish Blessing Card


Card is on a green card stock base. Cut a piece of darker green card stock for the card front. For the embossed white background piece I used the St. Pat's Background embossing folder from Darice. The shamrock card stock is from Recollections at Mikes. Typed up the Irish Blessing on the computer and printed it out on white/GP.

To make this card I cut and scored a piece of green card stock for the card base. Then cut the darker green for the card front. Used the St. Pat's Background embossing folder from Darice to emboss the white card stock and as usual when I use an embossing folder I emboss two pieces of card stock at the same time. This makes a softer embossed impression and it prevents the card stock from tearing/ripping on the embossed areas. Once that was embossed I put the folder and the extra embossed piece back in the file drawer for later use.

Cut a piece of the shamrock printed card stock 2" wide and put that across the upper part of my white embossed piece. Trimmed the white embossed piece to the size I needed and used the ATG to put this onto the darker green card stock. Then put these onto the card base front.

Printed out the Irish Blessing on the computer onto white/GP card stock. Cut this to the size I wanted. For the three shamrocks next to the Blessing I used a stamp from Delafield Stamp Company and green ink. Once that was done I cut a piece of green card stock to go behind the Blessing piece. Used a small circle punch for the small green circles in the corners and put those on using a glue pen. For the button I dug out a button from the button jar and ran jute/twine through that leaving the 'tails' in the back of the button. Trimmed those to the size I wanted and put the button on using a large glue dot. Put the Blessing piece on the card front using pop dots for dimension.

Here is a closer photo of the embossed white piece:


TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love your card Candee.