Saturday, September 16, 2017

Bunches of BOO's . . .


This post will have a few of the Halloween projects I have recently worked on... Just got my new Stampin Up order with Halloween stamp sets and I was able to find time to make a few things.

First card --

Used the SU stamp set Seasonal Chums and made this card using tips and tricks from Tami White on her Youtube channel - here is the link to her video:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY43Q7wX9mU

As Tami suggested I cut the stamps apart since they are made to be a two sided tag. Tami cut her stamp apart and cut more off the rubber piece but I simply cut my stamp in half and then used them as individual stamps. Put them together on the block and stamped them onto Pumpkin Pie card stock. Cut them out with the coordinating die and here is that double sided tag:


Once the watercoloring was dry I added clear Wink of Stella to the green stems and leaves. Thanks to Tami for a cute card!

Using stamps from the Spooky Cat stamp set I made this tag and cut out the white tag using the new Everyday Label punch:


Again added clear Wink of Stella to the liquid in the potion bottles. Cute tag for a treat holder for the holiday!

This next card is nothing like a card I would make but once I saw it???  HAD to make it! Liked it so much I ended up making a second card as well -- I searched to see whose original card this was but could not find that information but will continue looking and will post it here. Here is my version of her card:


Like the card maker did I used the Stampin Up Timeless Textures stamp set for my card front. Did not know what colours she used for inks so I used inks that are close to what she had used. My greeting "Happy Halloween" is a stamp from a Paper Sweeties stamp set. For my pumpkins I used and oval punch and punched three ovals out, sponged ink on the edges, and put the pumpkin together using glue dots. Added a brown stem to the top of the pumpkin. Put the pumpkin on the card front using glue dots.

For the cat I wanted it to be a rich black colour so I used flocked black card stock. Flocked card stock can be flimsy so I cut a piece of black flocked card stock a bit bigger than I would need for my two cats and I also cut a piece of regular black card the same size. Ran the ATG over the plain black card stock and put the flocked card stock on top of that. Wanted my cats to face the opposite way of the punch so I turned the punch backwards and punched out my cats with the black flocked card stock facing me. Here is the punch and the punched black card stock:


Put the black cat onto the card front using pop dots for dimension. Here is a photo of the two cards I made:


The sequins on the purple card are from the dollar store. Here is a closer look at the stamped piece:


I had cut the white card front before I stamped it so it was the right size for the card front once it was all stamped. Here is a better photo of the cat and pumpkin: 


Really like this card and the layout. Stamps are totally not Halloween themed but they show off the pumpkin and cat perfectly. Thanks to whoever shared her card!  TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

More wonderful Halloween projects, Candee! Love, love, love that kitty with the pumpkin!