Thursday, September 21, 2017

Candy Corn Jar Halloween Card


Decided to make a Z Fold card for this Halloween card using the Stampin Up Jar of Haunts stamp set and their Everyday Jars framelit dies:


Card stock base is Stampin Up Only Orange -- all prints are from my stash. Wanted to fill up the jar with the candy corn so I cut a piece of white/GP larger than what I would need. Laid the jar die cut side down on the white/GP and used a pencil to mark the inside jar shape of the die. Used Post It notes to mask off this penciled shape and stamped the candy corn stamp onto the white/GP piece turning the stamp as I stamped. With that all stamped I put the die on this piece and ran it through the Big Shot. Once it was cut out I used a yellow and orange marker for the candies. Once that dried I covered the candy using clear Wink of Stella to add some sparkle/shine to the candies:


Set this aside to dry. Stamped a gray lid and die cut that out for the jar top. Added clear Wink of Stella to that. Cut my card stock base following a Z Fold pattern -- easy to find on the internet. Cut all my printed card stock pieces to sizes I needed for the card. For the inside of the card I used a stamp from Stampabilities (Hobby Lobby) and stamped that in Memento black ink:


Adding teeny bats from an EK Success bats border punch using a glue pen. The black dotted card stock is from the stash. The pumpkin is the pumpkin stamp from the Jar of Haunts stamp set. I stamped that onto Stampin Up Pumpkin Pie card stock using that same ink. Fussy cut that out and sponged the edges with that same ink. Stamped the pumpkin face onto the pumpkin using the Memento black ink. Cut out a stem free hand and sponged the edges of that using Stampin Up Crumb Cake ink. Put the stem onto the pumpkin top using micro mini glue dots. Put the pumpkin on the card using glue dots.

Cut out solid black card stock to fit behind my printed black spider card stock piece. Put these together using the ATG. Added adhesive to the left backside only and put this onto the card front. Used the ATG to add the gray lid to the jar. Using clear TomBow glue I added the twine and bow pieces below the gray jar lid. Put the jar onto the black pieces using pop dots for dimension. The greeting "Trick or Treat" was stamped onto scrap white card stock and that stamp is from the October stamp set from the Close To My Heart Stampaganza series. Punched it out using the Stampin Up Classic Label punch and put that onto the card front using glue dots. TFL

No comments: