Saturday, September 16, 2017

Jar of Haunts Nuggets Treat Holder


Saw this project done by BJ Peters on Youtube and wanted to make them right away... until.... Here is the link to her video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLil8vvY9ic

Have two of the stamp sets and die set she uses for her nugget treat holder but did not have the Stampin Up Jar of Haunts stamp set.. It is no longer available but put on watch for it on Ebay and finally found a set at a price I was willing to pay for it.... The set arrived this morning and I went right to work to make these cutie - patootie treat holders:


I needed the stamp for the pumpkin face but have four other projects already lined up to use this new to me stamp set Jar of Haunts as well. This little holder holds two Hershey nugget candies and they went together quickly. In her video she cuts all her jar pieces and then inked the Stampin Up Hardwood background stamp to stamp the jars. I decided to cut a piece of the Pumpkin Pie card stock larger than what I would need and stamped it using the Hardwood background stamp. With that stamped I then cut out my jar pieces:


My stamped piece had enough room to cut out four jar pieces -- each holder needs two jar pieces and two lid pieces. With my four jar pieces cut out, enough for two treat holders, I then stamped the pumpkin face onto two stamped jar pieces for his face using black Memento ink.  I did not have the gray she used in the video so I used Smokey Slate for my jar lid. Stamped and cut that out.

Using her directions for the box between the jar pieces to hold the two chocolate nugget candies I cut out and scored this piece. Folded it on the crease lines, clipped the ends, and put the little box together using tear and tape. Put the pumpkin face jar on the box front and a jar piece on the back of the box also using tear and tape. Added the jar lid using the ATG.  Set this aside. Here is a photo of the size of this holder so you can see the little box that holds the two nugget candies:


Took two nugget candies and wrapped a printed piece of card stock around them and secured it using glue dots. My nugget wrappers are 1" wide by 3 1/8" long. Ran them over the bone folder to make it easier to wrap around the candies. Put the two nugget candies in the box. Used tear and tape behind the lid piece and pinched to the front and back pieces of the holder together to keep it closed. Added black and white twine to one holder and orange and black twine to the other holder. Tied the twine into a knot and then a bow. Trimmed the twine to the length I wanted for the pumpkin. Used a clear Wink of Stella pen over the pumpkin face and the jar lid to add some sparkle and shine:


These are SOOOOO cute!! Free standing so will be nice to hand out at work or maybe at a table place setting or something. Here is a photo to show the size of this little guy compared to the recent Ghirardelli boxes I made:


A BIG thanks to BJ for sharing her cuter than cute pumpkin nugget holders!! LOVE them!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you found this set in time to get some use from it this fall! I see why you wanted this set and can't wait to see what else you do with it!

Unknown said...

Nice Blog is this!Popsocket Coupon