Monday, October 23, 2017

BOO Day Treats Bags


Making treat holders for the gals at work and needed a paper gift bag to put them in for the upcoming BOO Day holiday. I bought white paper gift bags - sold in sets of 2 - at the dollar store. Decided I would also buy a piece of poster board. Wanted to use watercolour on the front of the gift bag so when I brought them home I trimmed the poster board into pieces that would fit inside the bag with the bag flat behind the front of the bag.

Using Stampin Up Pumpkin Pie ink I used an Aqua painter and just brushed some ink onto the bag front. Set these aside to dry - I recently bought a Stampin Up Cheesecloth background stamp at a used stamp sale and I wanted to use that on the front of the bags. I knew with the bags having folds in them that I would not get a crisp, clear stamped image but for Halloween that is the look I wanted. Here is one of the bags showing the watercolour and then the Cheesecloth stamp stamped over that in black ink:


I used the Stampin Up Gorgeous Grunge stamp for the black splatters and then stamped a black spider on the bag front. With the watercolouring done and the stamping done I then removed the pieces of poster board from the inside of the bags. The dollar store also sells glittered felt words with adhesive for Halloween. Each package of these felt words has a variety of words but I only used one phrase or one word for the bag fronts:




As you can see in the photos the background stamp stamped each bag differently --- I inked that stamp and then laid it onto the bag -- did not press it all down to give me a full image. I rummaged through my box of BOO Day extra "parts and pieces" of die cut words and shapes I have cut out for other BOO Day cards and projects. For the Spooky bag I stamped the bat from Stampin Up Cheer All Year stamp set and cut them out with scissors. Put them on the bag front using red sticky tape. The ghost on that bag front is an old Sizzix die. Added coloured crystals I just bought at Mikes using glue dots.

On each bag I also added washi tape -- one longer piece at the top of the bag with a smaller piece near the bottom. For the first bag I used a dollar star punch and punched out black glittered card stock stars and put them on the bag front using glue dots. Tied a bow on each bag and will be adding the BOO Day tags when those are ready. I will share a photo of those and the treat holders later this week when I put these bags together -- thinking the girls will like the bags --- mainly for the candies and treats inside! TFL     *** The gift bag "Spooky" was chosen as a Favorites of the Week on Splitcoast Stampers this week.  Happy me that it was picked!! Thanks to Carlene on Splitcoast that picked my gift bag! 

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What fun bags and I know they will be filled with wonderful treats in creative packaging! Thanks for the Boo Day card. It is sitting on my mantle with last years card.