Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Christmas M&M's


Had seen these packs of the red and green Christmas M & M candies at the dollar store and I picked up two packs:


Wanted to use these candies in a treat holder but did not want to use the long, thin cellophane bag to put them in since I have done that more than once.... checked around and found treat holders by Patty Bennett on her blog -- here is the link to that:

http://www.pattystamps.com/pattys_stamping_spot/2017/12/quick-and-easy-holiday-treat.html

She used this idea from "Pootles" who is a SU demonstrator in the UK.  I made six of these candy treat holders - three I used a circle punch for the bag top and three of them I used the Stampin Up Ornate Tag Topper punch - here is a photo to show what they look like using the circle punch at the bag top:


All holders I used the double sided printed card stocks from Stampin Up. This next photo shows the three treat holders I used the Ornate Tag Topper punch for:


The Ornate Tag Topper punch shapes the top of the bags and it also punches a hole like a tag would have. I wanted this small hole so I could close the bags using twines from the stash. With the curved bag tops I used a small circle punch and punched a hole in the center for my twine.

How many times we order dies from an online store and they enclose a free die with your order if you have spent a certain amount of money? Too many times these online stores send you a "thanks" or "thank you" die for free. I have too many to mention.... :0(     .... but one time I placed an order from Taylored Exprssions and with my order they enclosed a free die. Happy me that the free die is this little circle tag die with a tree inset!! When I made these candy bags I thought that die would be perfect for the top of the treat bags:



I cut out the small tree die using scraps and mixed and matched them to match the printed card stocks I was using -- here is a photo to show all the M & M treat holders and their tree tags. The greeting is stamped onto scrap white/GP using Stampin Up Cherry Cobble ink and I used a stamp from the Stampin Up Hostess set Good Greetings. Really like these treat holders because they are free standing and do not use too much card stock to put them together. Thanks to Patty for sharing her treat holders and for Pootles for sharing her pattern on Youtube:


Here are a couple other treat holders I made for the gift bags I put together this year:


Used the Stampin Up Candy Wrapper die for the above treat holders. These hold the Hershey Santa Hat chocolate kiss candies. The red center to the snowflakes are "bling" I picked up at the dollar store. Used a snowflake punch for the snowflakes. This next holder is a favorite and it holds three of the Hershey Nugget candies:


Also made matchbook holders for Fun Size M & M's:


and of course I made some Snuggets:



Snowman face stamp is from Morningstarstamps.com -- Pam sells a small snowman face stamp as well as a larger one. These two stamps are a MUST have for your craft room!!

Fun to put the gift bags together for the gals at work -- here are photos of the gift bags when I decorated them before I filled them up:


Fun playing Elf this time of the year! TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Fun treats for your co-workers! I'm pretty sure they will be delighted! Thanks for the delightful Christmas card! Other friends and I have been oohing and aahing! Merry Christmas!