Monday, January 1, 2018

Thanks Thank You Card


Here is a photo of a thank you card I made:


Pink card stock base is #110 weight card stock from Mikes. White is GP and floral and striped card stocks are from my stash.

For the "Thanks" greeting I used a die I had received as a free gift from Taylored Expressions from an order I made with them. I cut it out of scrap pink card stock and wanted it to have some dimension so I made my own "klipboard" using the top tab from a kleenex box. I cut out the pink card stock and then cut out the box tab - used glue to put the two together:


Set the word die cut pieces aside to dry and worked on the rest of the card. Cut and scored the pink card stock base with the scored line at the top. Cut the white/GP piece for the card front. Cut the floral and striped card stocks to the sizes I needed for the white card front. Put those together using Scotch tape on the wrong sides of those. Put them onto the white/GP piece using the ATG.

Using a large scallop edge die I cut out a piece of pink card stock for the card front. Trimmed the sides of this piece to be even with my card front. Took a piece of scrap white/GP and cut that a bit larger than the die cut piece. Used a glue pen and put the die cut "Thanks" onto the scrap white/GP piece. Put this onto the scalloped piece using the ATG. Put this across the card front using the ATG. With the card front pieces done I put them onto the pink card stock base using the ATG. Added pink crystals from the stash to either side of the die cut "Thanks". Here is a photo to show how the card board behind the die cut word gives it a little dimension for the card front:


This photo shows part of the inside of the card where I put the striped card stock on the bottom of the white/GP piece on the inside:



No comments: