Monday, January 15, 2018

Valentine's Bag with Treats


Recently reorganized my printed card stocks in the craft room and decided I have enough double sided card stock for Valentine's Day to make my own treat bags. Had seen this video by Amanda F. on Youtube awhile back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdut6pUKnYc&t=699s

She gives you patterns for many different sized gift bags but for the two Valentine's Gift Bags I made I used two pieces of 8" x 8" double sided card stock. The finished size of my bags are 5" high by 4" wide.

Here is a photo of two of the bags after I made them:


To decorate the front of these gift bags I used paper doilies from the dollar store and cut one in half and used glue to put them on the bag fronts. Added red foil hearts to the front of the doily piece using a Spellbinders heart die set to cut the hearts out:



Inside the bag is red paper shred from the dollar store. I made a Tootsie Pop holder using the pattern by Nancy on this video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWV0oFtONRE

The dark red Tootsie Pop holder I made using her measurements but the pink Tootsie Pop holder I had sized down a bit. Using a plastic jar with lid from the dollar store I filled that with red paper shred and various chocolate candies. Cut out a 2" circle from the printed card stock to put on the jar lid using the ATG. Tied twine around the top of the jar and that is held in place using a glue dot. The printed band around the center of the jar is washi tape.

Here is a photo to show the Hershey Nugget holder I made and a holder I made for two of the Ghirardelli candies:



For the nugget holders I used printed card stock for the sleeve that slides over the nugget tray. The nugget tray is made using solid card stocks and this size holds four of the nugget candies and here is my pattern for the solid tray:


Use a piece of card stock 6 1/4" by 3 1/2". With the 6 1/4" edge at the top of the score board I scored this piece at 1/2", 1", 5 1/4", and 5 3/4". Turned this with 3 1/2" edge at the top of the score board and scored that at 1/2", 1", 2 1/2", and 3".Using the bone folder I creased all my scored lines well. Using scissors I cut the corners of my box -- this is what that looks like with corners trimmed away:


Then using the pattern for the sleeve I made for my original holder I cut out the printed pink card stock and made the sleeve for the tray:

 Cut the print to: 4 3/4" by 4 3/8". With the 4 3/4" edge at the top of the score board I scored it at: 1/2", 2 1/8", 2 5/8", and 4 1/4".   

Using Tear and Tape I put the printed sleeve piece together. Wrapped each nugget candy with a piece of card stock 1" x 3 1/8" and put these wrappers onto the nugget candies using glue dots. Here is a photo of my nugget holder using this pattern using a clear window sheet for the sleeve -- made these up last year:



This nugget holder with clear sleeve top is from FrenchieStamps.com and she had a video on Youtube but I had to make my own measurements for it to slide.

For my Ghirardelli pattern I made that myself.  For the tray inside that holds two of the Ghirardelli candies I cut a piece of solid card stock 3" x 3" and scored it at 1/2" on all four sides. Snipped the end corners and put this tray together using glue dots.

For the actual holder:

Cut a piece of solid card stock 2" x 8". Scored this with the long side at the top of the score board at:
1 1/2", 2 3/8", 3", 5", 5 5/8", and again at 6 1/2". Once this was scored I used the Stampin Up Scalloped Tag Topper punch and punched out each end. Used the bone folder to crease my scored lines. Using various washi tapes I put washi tape on the front of the holder and trimmed the edges even with the sides of the holder. Put two Ghirardelli candies in the tray and placed that inside the holder. Do not use adhesive or glue dots to hold this in place in your holder or it will not slide out. With the tray and candies inside I used double sided tape to close the holder. Added ribbon and twine at the top of the holder. Easy holder to put together.

Glad to use more of my printed card stocks to make the gift bags. They are not too small or too large to hold a couple of the treat holders and chocolates for Valentine's Day. They also help to use up the vast ribbon collection --- haha.  Thanks to all the ladies for sharing their ideas for these fun treat holders!    ALSO ---

DH had built my new wooden work island and I had since asked him to make me a stand for my glue bottles that I use most so that the bottles are upside down and easy to reach for. Here is a photo of that holder he made for me using a scrap staircase post and cutting circles in it to hold the bottles:


Over time have seen other crafters storing their most used glues this way so I wanted one for my craft room. Did not have a real pattern but I told DH what I wanted and this works great -- it is heavy enough not to fall over when I put the glue bottles in the holder or take them out to use and it can hold other types of glue bottles I have on hand so it will get lots of use for sure.  TFL

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

You do the best holiday treats, Candee! And your hubby comes through again. He is so clever and handy!

Candee said...

Thanks Bonnie for your nice comment on the Valentine Treat holders. LOVE my glue holder -- the glue is always ready for use and no shaking and waiting for the glue to get to the tip!! Happy me!! Thanks for your blog visit! Candee P