Saturday, January 20, 2018

Bunny Keepsake Treat Holder


Bought the Stampin Up Curvy Keepsake die set at a stamper's garage sale for $5.00.  Made two favorite treat holders using this die set:



The pumpkin with witch hat and the scarecrow treat holders.  Had seen lots of other projects made using this die set but basically they are all the same. Then I saw this idea on Pinterest and I do not know who it originated with to give them credit. Also could not find directions so I will explain how I made these holders. They will hold a small chocolate bunny for Easter (Lindt) once the stores stock their Easter candies. Here are the holders I made:


These holders use half of the Curvy Keepsake die and you are able to make three holders from one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" card stock. I did not want to use the #110 weight card stock from Mikes because it was too thick but the Whisper White card stock from Stampin Up is too flimsy. So for my treat holders I used two pieces of white card stock from Paper Trey Ink.

To cut out the holder I cut my piece of card stock in half at 5 1/2. Placing the part of the die I needed to cut out on my white card stock I used washi tape to hold that in place in the die cutting machine:


I cut out 3 pieces from each piece of the card stock. This photo shows these die cut pieces - on the left is the piece out of the die cutting machine. The middle photo shows the die cut piece after I used scissors to trim the unwanted piece on the left side. The far right photo shows that I trimmed the bottom of the die cut piece 1" below the scored line:


Using a 1 3/8" circle punch I punched out a circle from three of the holder fronts for my window:


To get the scalloped circle for around the window front I punched out a 1 3/8" circle from card stock and then punched over that using a 2" scalloped circle punch:



Put my scalloped circles on all the holder window fronts using a glue pen. For the clear window I used package packaging for the windows and used a 2" circle punch to punch those out. Put them on the backside of the window piece using red sticky tape:


For the fronts of my holder I used a grassy border punch from M Stewart and punched out scrap green card stocks. Put the grasses on the window front using red sticky tape. Used a small Marvy oval punch and punched out ovals from scrap card stocks for the eggs. Sponged the edges of those and put them behind the grassy pieces using glue dots. For the brown bunny I used a small bunny die and cut them out of flocked brown card stock that has white/GP behind it. Used liquid glue to put the white pom pom tail on the bunnies:


Here is a photo of one of the holders to see the flower, bunny, eggs, and bow on the holder front:


Here is a photo of the back of the holder:


For now I have a mini clothespin holding the holder closed but once the chocolate bunnies are added I can keep it closed using velcro or glue dots. The clothespin can also hold my Easter greeting as well.

Easy holder to put together once I figured out the how-to's. Another good use of the Stampin Up Curvy Keepsake die set for a holiday treat holder.  Thanks to whoever made this first and shared their idea!  TFL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Candee You always make the nicest treat holders--thanks for sharing, Sincerely Hugs and smiles, Reva

Candee said...

Thanks Reva for the kind comment on the Bunny Keepsake Treat Holders. I will post a photo once I get the chocolate bunnies to put inside! Thanks for your blog visit!! Candee P

Marie Bingaman said...

All of the treat holders you have posted here are adorable! I soooo love those little bunnies! :)