Saturday, January 20, 2018

Hopping ahead . . .


Working on the Valentine treat holders and last trip to the big W I found a Reese's peanut butter egg and they also had the Cadbury Eggs. Looked for other Easter candies but the Cadbury Eggs and jelly beans were all they had at this time.  Bought a few of the Reese's peanut butter eggs for Valentine's and decided to make a treat holder for that egg like the holder I had made for Ferraro Rocher and that also was used to hold a Cadbury Egg. Here is a photo of one of the holders for Valentine's Day and one for Easter:


To make this holder you need a piece of  2" x 11" card stock. Score it with the long side at the top of the score board: 3 3/8, 5 1/2, 6 1/4, 8 1/4 and again at 9. Cut your printed card stock for the backing to your holder 2" x 3 3/8". I used the ATG and put the print on the end of the scored piece that was scored at the 3 3/8" line. With the print on your scored piece use your bone folder and crease all scored lines. Then use your tag topper punch and punch the printed end of your scored piece. For the circle that the candy sits in you need to use a 1 3/8" circle punch.

I used pink card stock in this photo to show this circle on a white scored piece:



The pink circle is put in place with a glue dot and this is used to be sure my circle will be centered on my holder. Here is a photo of this circle punched out:



With the circle punched I then folded the scored piece at all scored lines and used tear and tape to put it together. Added a greeting banner to each holder -- for the Valentine holder I used a piece of holiday washi tape across the front of the holder. For the Easter holder I just cut a piece of the printed card stock to match the print on the back of the holder. Just pay attention if you should be using a directional print for your holder as I did for the Valentine holder. The hearts are all going in the same direction so be sure your pattern is not upside down or sideways.

Also for the Valentine holder I used the Stampin Up Ornate Tag Topper punch for the holder back and for the Easter holder I used the Scalloped Tag Topper punch:


Also -- these eggs are heavy so for the Valentine holder I used #110 weight black card stock from Mikes and the yellow card stock for the Easter holder is from Stampin Up.  Easy holder to put together and you can make a few from one piece of card stock. TFL  **More photos and detailed instructions for this holder here:

https://cardcornerbycandee.blogspot.com/search?q=ferrero+rocher+holder


No comments: