Sunday, February 4, 2018

Stenciled Heart Card



Card stock base is white from Paper Trey Ink. Red card stock is Mikes and stenciled piece and frame are white/GP.

Cut and scored the white card stock base with the scored line at the top. Set that aside. For the stenciled hearts I used a piece of white/GP cut larger than what I wanted for the frame piece. Using the MFTstamps Hearts Background stencil I taped that over my white/GP piece with the tape covering some of the hearts on the stencil. Used a Post It Note cut into small pieces to cover one of the hearts on the stencil:


Used pink distressed ink and covered the stencil hearts using a heavier hand on the outside of the stencil and a lighter touch closer to my covered heart. When finished covering the stencil with the pink ink I removed the Post It Note pieces to expose the un-inked heart. Used other Post It Notes to place around the one heart to keep the distressed red ink off the other hearts:


With the Post It Notes removed and all the blue tape I then used a stamp from Avant-Garden from Stampin Up and the pink distress ink and stamped the background onto the stenciled hearts piece very lightly.

Used a frame die and cut out a frame to go over the stenciled piece. Laid the frame over the stenciled hearts and marked the stencil piece so I could trim that to the size to fit behind the frame. Used red sticky tape to put the stenciled hearts onto the back of the frame. Cut a piece of Mikes red card stock a bit bigger than the frame piece and put the framed stencil piece onto this red piece using the ATG. With all pieces together I used the ATG and put them onto the white card stock base.

For the banner greeting -- I used a dollar stamp from Mikes -- it is an older stamp from when the dollar stamps were a dollar! haha   I used Stampin Up Real Red ink and stamped this onto a scrap piece of white/GP card stock. Trimmed it to size and used the Banner Punch from Stampin Up for the banner ends. Added small red crystals from the stash to each end of this banner. Ran the banner over the edge of the bone folder to give the banner piece a wave so it is not so flat on the frame. Used micro mini glue dots, double stacked, to put the banner piece across the framed piece:


Inside the card I used washi tape with multi hearts on it in the colours I used for the stenciled piece:


 Easy card to put together for Valentine's Day. TFL

No comments: