Sunday, February 11, 2018

Two Valentine Cards


Clearing out photos on the camera for our trips this week and realized I did not post these two Valentine cards on the blog -- so here they are:


Card stock base is #110 weight black card stock from Mikes. Heart print is the Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby as is the polka dot card stock.

Cut and scored the black card stock with the scored line at the top of the card. Cut a piece of the black hearts print to the size I needed for the card front. Set that aside. Used a holiday saying from the MFTstamps stamp set Homespun Hearts and stamped that onto scrap white card stock using Stampin Up Real Red ink. Used the Stampin Up banner punch for the two ends of the greeting banner. Cut a piece of the black polka dot print to fit behind the greeting banner. Put the polka dot print across the black hearts print  near the bottom and put these onto the black card stock base using the ATG.

For the Tic Tac Toe board I used the Tic Tac Toe die set from MFTstamps that I recently bought at the Paper Muse store in Matthews, NC.  Used scrap black and red card stocks to cut out the grid, X's, O's, and red hearts. Cut a piece of white/GP larger than the black grid piece and used a glue pen to put the Tic Tac Toe board together. Cut a piece of red card stock to fit behind this piece and put the two pieces together using the ATG. Used pop dots to put the Tic Tac Toe piece onto the card base. Used glue dots behind the Valentine greeting banner to put on the card front.

This next card -

Lots of stamps used for this card:


Card stock base is Stampin Up Crumb Cake card stock scored on the side. Red is from Mikes and the cream card stock for the card front is Stampin Up Very Vanilla.

Cut and scored the card stock base. Cut the red card stock to the size I needed. Cut the Very Vanilla for the card front. On the Very Vanilla piece I first stamped the Stampin Up Cheesecloth background stamp using the Crumb Cake ink on part of the card front. Then stamped various stamps from the Stampin Up Work of Art stamp set as well as their Gorgeous Grunge stamps again using the Crumb Cake ink on the piece randomly. Used a small heart stamp from my stash and inked that and stamped off and then stamped the Very Vanilla piece. After all stamping was done I put the stamped card front onto the red card stock using the ATG.

With all the background stamping done I wanted to add twine to the card front.  Problem is when using twine it can make your card front have a bump on both sides where you have your twine attached. I wanted to minimize that bump so I taped the twine to the back of the card after I untwisted the twine - only on the back of the card - on each side. There is still a bump but it is flatter now than if I had not untwisted the twine on the back of the card front:


With my piece of twine across the front of the card I then stamped a stamp from PSX "with love" onto scrap Very Vanilla card stock using Real Red ink. I only wanted to use the word "love" from that stamp so I covered "with" with a piece of painters tape and inked the stamp. Peeled off the painters tape and stamped the "love". With that done I used the Stampin Up Bitty Banners die set and cut out the "love" banner. Sponged the edges of this banner using Crumb Cake ink. Cut off one end of the banner using scissors and put this onto my card front using the ATG:


Cut off another piece of twine and tied a bow. Put the bow onto the card front using glue dots. For the three larger hearts on the card front I used the Stampin Up Hearts A Flutter stamp set with matching die and stamped and cut out my hearts. Sponged the edges of those. Using stacked glue dots I put these hearts onto the card front:


Both cards were easy to put together using dies and stamps. TFL

No comments: