Saturday, October 27, 2018

Botanical Bliss Treat Holder


Had seen a candy bar treat holder made using the Stampin Up Botanical Bliss Bundle.  The crafter that made it is Eva Schrottmeyer on her blog: 

https://lovelymade.me/2018/07/05/bericht-zum-workshop-bei-ingrid/

Really liked how this treat holder opened and that it was one piece rather than having a box top and a box bottom.  Although my computer translates other languages her video did not translate well so I made one sample treat holder before I made this one that I will show today.

First I measured the flower die she used from the Botanical Bliss Bundle die set and that gave me the width I needed for my box. I will show photos as I went along making this treat holder but here is a photo of the finished project:


To begin with here is a photo of the Stampin Up bundle:


To begin with I started with a piece of SU Riding Hood Red card stock 12" long by 2 3/4" wide. With the short end at the top of the score board I scored this at 3/8" on one long side. Then turned it over and scored it again at this measurement on the other long side. With that done I turned this piece with the long side at the top of the score board and scored it at 3", 3 3/8", 7 1/2", and again at 7 7/8". Creased all scored lines with the bone folder.  With the scored lines creased I used scissors and did all the trimming of this piece:


The shorter end is the end you will die cut your floral image on. I used washi tape to hold the die in place with the top of the die at the straight end of the treat holder - this will be the front of the treat holder:


With that flower die cut I turned the piece over and put tear and tape on the "flap" pieces that make the sides of the box. Leaving the treat holder flat I cut a piece of the rose printed card stock I used for the box front - this piece is cut to 1 7/8" wide by 3 7/8" long. Before adhering this piece to my box I made sure I had the floral design on the printed card stock piece going in the right direction since it is a directional design. All I did was close up the box and I could see which direction my printed card stock needed to be.  I used the ATG to put this on the front of the treat holder:


For my candy bar I am using a double Ghirardelli candy bar for my candy treat. (The candy bar or treats need to be 2" wide and that is a Ghirardelli).  I slipped the candy bar into the box:


Also in that photo you can see the belly band I made that holds this treat holder closed. To make this belly band I used a piece of cream card stock 5 1/2" long by 5/8" wide. Scored this at 1 3/4", 1 7/8", 3 7/8", and again at 4 1/4". Creased the scored lines with a bone folder and wrapped this around the treat box. Used tear and tape to keep the belly band closed. (The belly band is attached to itself and not the box so that the band can easily be removed to open the box to get the candy bar out - the belly band can slide on and off the box).  Added three strands of jute twine around the belly band and tied that into a bow. Put a small glue dot under the bow to keep it in place. Also put a micro mini glue dot under the twine on the back of the belly band to help keep the twine in place on the belly band:


The "for you" is from the "just for you" stamp from the Stampin Up Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. Used the SU Riding Hood Red ink on the "for you" on the stamp and stamped it onto scrap cream card stock. Punched it out using a small tag punch. Added it to the belly band using a glue dot. Here is the treat holder again:


Thanks to Eva S. for sharing her cute treat holder and hoping my version does hers justice! (If you can not find the Ghirardelli candy bar two of the Ghirardelli squares should also work in this box). This is an easy treat holder to make and you can make 4 of them from a 12" x 12" sheet of card stock.






No comments: