Saturday, October 13, 2018

More Watering Cans and gift bag fronts


Finished the Thanksgiving small kraft treat bags I am making and finished my watering cans. For the front of the kraft gift bags I wanted to use some of my fall holiday printed card stocks so each bag is different. I painted the watering cans to match the printed card stocks. Also at the bottom of each bag is a strip - I bought a package of these strips on sale at Hobby Lobby and they are meant to be put together to make garland out of paper rings - here is what they look like flat:


For my bags I used the dotted strips. Here are the bags:


and:


Used the technique Ida had shown on her video to make the watering cans but after I dabbed on the acrylic black craft paint I did not have a kit for the patina so I just dabbed more paints on the die cut watering cans until I got the looks I wanted. The pumpkins are buttons that I removed the shanks from and the leaves are from Hobby Lobby. "thankful" is from a die set from the stash that I cut out of various foiled card stocks stacked onto card board "thankful" words using Stick It Sheet to give the words dimension.  BIG thanks to Ida for sharing her idea to make the watering cans into embellishments for my holiday treat bags. Added sequins from the stash to the bag fronts.

No comments: