Sunday, January 6, 2019

Altered project


This year I will be making different projects I have seen that I have wanted to try and make but never had. Decided I would start with a project I have wanted to do for a long time. . .

These are called Altered Paper Clips and I am using my paper clip vertically rather than horizontally as many of the altered clips are. Here is a photo of my Altered Paper Clips:


The first one I made:


The image of the vintage woman and the seed packet I founded on the internet and you can print them out for free. I used the computer printer and printed them out onto white/GP card stock. Set these aside.

Have seen many of the altered paper clips online but I did not want to make a small one. For the base of my altered clips I used the Memory Box Sideshow Tickets die set. This is a photo of the die set:


The size I used was the second smallest die. For the above ticket I used cream #110 weight card stock from Mikes. I cut out two tickets - one for the back of the paper clip and one for the front. This photo shows the front ticket piece and the printed card stock ticket I will put onto the front ticket:


I used the ATG and put the printed card stock onto the ticket base. Using a pink distressed ink I sponged the edges of the ticket front. With that done I put the paper clip onto the back ticket base and attached this to the ticket front pieces using red sticky tape. With the ticket pieces together I could now decorate the front.

I used scissors to cut out a photo of a woman I liked and a seed packet I wanted to use. I do not have the 'torn edge' scissors to give the photos of the woman the torn edge look but I have a die set for that from Frantic Stamper. I die cut the four sides of the photos and then sponged the edges of them using distressed inks. Set those aside.

For the "love" and word stamps on my altered clip pieces I used an old stamp set from MFT.  I cut them out using scissors. The red crystals are from my stash. I cut out two sets of three circle red crystals and put one set at the top of the ticket and the other set at the bottom. Wanted to add cheesecloth to the ticket so I cut a small piece of cheese cloth and I laid that onto scrap copy paper. I dabbed this cheese cloth using an applicator and distressed ink to give it the pink colour. Using TomBow glue I put glue on the front of the ticket and laid the cheese cloth onto that and pressed it down so it would stick. Set it aside.

Using a pearl from Hobby Lobby I added a pearl to the bottom of my ticket pieces and in this next photo I show this pearl on the second ticket I made:


With the pearl in place I now decorated the front of the ticket. For the seed ticket I laid the seed packet photo over the cheese cloth and put that on the ticket using tear and tape. For the photo of the lady I cut out a small cream doily using an old Cheery Lynn doily die. Cut that in half using scissors. Lightly sponged the edges using the pink ink.  Used scrap cream lace and cut off some of the edging of that and put the photo on top of that using red sticky tape.  Then I put this on top of the half doily piece using tear and tape.  Wanted her photo to be higher for dimension so I used foam tape behind her. Put her on the ticket over the seed packet piece. Added a red crystal heart to her photo and also to the seed packet.  Put the "love" greeting on the ticket front using glue dots. To finish the ticket I tied a piece of red ribbon at the top. Here is a photo of the other ticket I made:


For this ticket I used a floral card stock print that I just bought at Hobby Lobby from Prima. The black and white card stock is from my stash. This ticket is a base of white #110 card stock from Mikes. I also used the white card stock to cut out a Cheery Lynn doily die piece and cut that using scissors to fit behind the floral ticket piece - for this altered paper clip ticket I used the floral print and cut out the smallest ticket die in the die set for a smaller ticket.

Once again for the vintage lady photo I used the torn edge die for the edges of the photo piece. I had bought a hard cover dictionary at the thrift store for a quarter and I tore a piece of a page out of the book to put onto the ticket front. For this ticket I also used cheese cloth but left it the white it comes as. Used liquid glue to put that onto the ticket front and also put the dictionary page piece onto the ticket with that glue.  Set that aside to dry.

For the photo piece of the lady I added a piece of black ruffled trim from my stash trimmed to fit behind the photo.  Put the floral ticket piece onto the ticket front using tear and tape. Then put the lady photo piece over that also using tear and tape. Once again the stamped words are from the old MFT stamp set and I used black in from Close To My Heart for those. Cut them out using scissors and put them on the ticket front using tear and tape. Added pink crystals from my stash to the upper and lower corners of the ticket front.

For the pink rose -- had that in the box of supplies for the tussy mussy's I had made and I used clear TomBow glue on the tips of the rose and sprinkled it with glitter. Set it aside. Using scrap green card stock I punched out two sprig pieces using the sprig punch from M Stewart.  Put the rose onto the sprig pieces using hot glue. Also used hot glue to put this rose onto the ticket front. Added a piece of black satin ribbon at the top of the altered paper clip ticket piece.

I will use these altered paper clips to slide on the top of the gift treat bags I am making for Valentine's Day. I am happy with the size I made these and each one is different but even tho I am currently working on some more.... they are addictive!!! But fun and good to use scraps of different things I have on hand. Happy I have tried to make something new and for making something other then cards, tags, or treat holders.... TFL

No comments: