Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Rose Garden Thank You Card


Stampin Up recently posted new items to their Clearance Rack section and I ordered the Rose Garden Thinlits die set. The price was 40% off the regular price so I was happy I was able to get this die set at a cheaper price. My order arrived last Friday and today I was able to make a thank you card using my new die set:


Had always liked this die set but did not like the price - and I also did not need the matching stamp set so did not buy the bundle when it first was for sale.  But since the release of this bundle set many cards have been posted using them and so it goes.... Happy me that the die set was on sale - -

This card is on a card stock base of Stampin Up Real Red, cut and scored on the side. The white piece is GP cut at 4" x 5 1/4" and I die cut out the rose and leaves die from that. Put the solid right side of the white/GP die cut piece onto the red card stock base. Using clear TomBow glue I put glue under the rose and leaves piece and put this onto the card front fitting it into the solid white die cut piece. Using a stamp from the Close To My Heart stamp set "Card Captions" I stamped the "thanks" onto the solid white card stock using Stampin Up Real Red ink.

With the stamping done I added a white mixture of sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to the card front. In this next photo I tried to show the sparkle and shine of these sequins but the photo does not show it well:


Some of the sequins in this mix are clear, white, or have a mirror finish to them so IRL they are very sparkly. The Rose Garden die cuts very well and I had no problems with the die cut pieces falling off my die cut piece by themselves. Happy to add this die set to my collection and esp happy I paid a sale price!  TFL

3 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

I always think I'll comment when I visit and then I don't, so Hi, Candee. I hope my visitors comment so I need to do the same. You get the best bargains and I'm so jealous that you are where there are so many sales of crafty items. This die was a great find and your card is lovely. Thanks for sharing all your crafty finds and the great things you make.

Candee said...

Hi Brenda and Happy New Year! My next post I am working on is for you so you can see what I found today -- thanks always for such nice comments about my cards or projects or postings that I do. Much appreciated!! Remember if you are ever looking for something you can't find you are wanting to buy let me know and I will check my area for you as well. Happy crafting! Candee P

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Candee! I loved this die too, but didn't buy the bundle or any of it. I think my friend bought it used, so will just borrow her's. lol Glad you were able to get it at a sale price as well! Happy New Year! Hugs, Brenda