Monday, December 24, 2018

Gift bag topper


Bought a used die by Sizzix For Stampin Up "Clear Oval Accent" for $2.00 from another stamper. Knew I would use it for a treat bag topper for Christmas this year and here are a couple of photos of this die in use:


This next bag topper I added a paper doily to it:


This is a large die and for the treat bag topper I used the die piece folded in half. Here is a photo of the die and a piece of copy paper I had die cut for my pattern:


With the copy paper die cut piece I folded it in half width wise so I would have the center of the die cut piece. Using a pencil I made a small line on the center fold so I would know where the center of this die cut piece was:


I die cut my red card stock for my treat toppers that I would need. I laid the copy paper die cut pattern piece over the red card stock pieces and marked the center of the red die cut pieces using the center pencil line on the copy paper pattern:


With the center marked on all the die cut red pieces I was able to score them down the center on the score board. Once scored I used a bone folder to crease the scored lines. These red pieces would fit over the top edges of my treat bags. For the greeting I used a stamp from Close To My Heart and stamped that onto white/GP card stock using red ink. Used a 2" circle punch and punched out the greeting piece. Put these circles onto the red die cut pieces using the ATG.

For the bows I used the SU Bow Builder punch. The Christmas tree is a punch from Hobby Lobby and I used glittered card stocks for the trees. For some of the treat bags I added red crystals from the stash. With the red die cut pieces decorated I put them on the front of the treat bags using tear and tape. The folded red die cut piece goes over the top edge of the front of the treat bags. Once that was done I put my smaller treat holders inside the bags and added paper shred to the bags.

For the bag with the doily after I had decorated the red die cut piece I put a white paper doily under the decorated end of the die cut piece using tear and tape. Then I put this onto the treat bag. With all the treat bags filled I added a regular sized candy cane to the bags and hung one of the snowman tags on the candy cane - here is a photo of the snowman tag:


Happy to be able to pick up the Oval Accent die for $2.00 earlier this year. Am sure it will get more use in future projects as well.

1 comment:

Lora said...

Every thing is so pretty. I am anxious to start on Christmas for next year.

Snowmen are my down fall, I really like those snowman tags. Maybe I will have to have a Christmas crafting day in July with friends and family. Wouldn't this be fun?