Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Early bird gets the worm . . or the new craft products!


In April I received a copy of the new seasonal catalog from Close To My Heart. I flipped through the catalog and decided I would need to make a list. Ordering for this May-August 2019 catalog began on May 1st and I wanted to be sure to place my order before any of the products I wanted were on back order or sold out..... Made sure to order everything on May 1st and happy me my order arrived yesterday in the mail!!

Close To My Heart has a customer appreciation program where if a customer spends $50.00 they can choose from a variety of stamp sets to buy for $5.00 each.  Always nice when a company shows appreciation for their customers!

Here is a photo of this new catalog:


This is the 35th year for Close To My Heart and on the front of this catalog they used various products they sell lined up to make the "35". Clever cover design.  Inside the catalog are lots of products to buy but this is my first order and I am sure there will be another one made in the summer:


This first stamp set with a matching die set was the main reason I placed my order the first day of the catalog being active. It is the "Where Happiness Blooms" set. Here is a closer photo of the stamp set packaging to show the watering can with tulips as well as the single tulip have outlines around them. The outlines show which stamps have matching dies in the set:


Their stamp sets are in plastic envelopes with the photo packaging in front of the stamp set. Their dies arrive on small magnet sheets in clear envelopes in with the stamp set. This packaging makes it very easy to store them and they do not take up a lot of space. Other stamp sets I bought:


The background stamp set on the left is Timeless Textures and the stamp set on the right is Gillin' & Chillin" and I plan on using that for summer cards ahead.

This last stamp set I bought was for the confetti stamp and it will be perfect for a birthday card:


Next to the birthday stamp set is lace border die - $8.95. That will work well for cards and gift bags. Plus it has a lot of detail. Happy my order arrived from their new catalog already. I order my Close To My Heart products from this website:

donnaschaeffer.ctmh.com

First card I will be making using these new products is the Where Happiness Blooms with the watering can and tulips. Hope to have that posted this weekend. I like that it is a step-stamping stamp set and should be easy to line up using the stamp stamping tool.  Always a good thing when new products bring you new inspiration....

No comments: