Sunday, May 5, 2019

May I remind you?


Yesterday I picked up two new to me Stampin Up die sets at a used stamping sale.  Decided to post how I store my Stampin Up die sets. Here is the photo of the two die sets I bought:


These are the Cups & Kettle and Garden Grown die sets. As with most Stampin Up die sets there are small accessory dies in the set and it is not easy to remember all the pieces in that set. Many times we buy these die sets and use them right away for a project and then they are put away for later use.  Working on other projects you may not remember which die set has what die pieces you may be able to use for a current project. Here is a photo to show how I store my Stampin Up die sets:


I store all my Stampin Up die sets on magnet sheets. I store the magnet sheet in a clear plastic envelope (the same envelopes I use to store my cling and clear stamp sets).  In the envelope with the magnet sheet of dies I store the paper packaging - this gives me the title of the die as well as how many pieces are in that die set. I also print out a photo of the die set pieces to put in these envelopes. With the die sets in the envelopes I store all my Stampin Up die sets in a bin together and they are filed alphabetically by title.

When I am needing a die set or maybe flipping through the die sets for inspiration I can see the die set pieces in each set on the front of the envelope so I know what pieces/shaped dies are in that set.  The die piece photo reminds me what pieces are in which die set. Here is a photo to show other dies:



For each die set that I buy I take it out of the plastic envelope it is sold in.  I use a label maker and clear label tape and make a label with the die set title on it. I put the clear label on the paper packaging that comes with the die set.  I peel off all the die pieces from the inside paper packaging and put them on a magnet sheet for storage. Then I print out a photo of the die set and trim that to fit inside the clear envelope.  I put the magnet sheet with die pieces in the envelope with the paper packaging in front of that and I put the photo of the die set in front of that.  Not only does this help to remind me what pieces are in a die set but also if a stray die piece ends up in my magnet bowl on my work table when I am finished with that project I will know which die set it came from.

As a new or new-to-me die set comes into the craft room I put them in these envelopes so the label and such is all done before it is put in the bin with the other Stampin Up die sets for the first time.  TFL

No comments: