Sunday, May 19, 2019

Thank You Card



Used two new-to-me Stampin Up background stamps for this thank you card.


The card stock base is Highland Heather card stock from Stampin Up cut and scored at the top. For the striped piece I used white/GP card stock. Using a light purple ink I inked the Stripes background stamp and laid the card on top that. Using my hands I pressed the card stock into the inked stamp to get it onto the white/GP piece. Set that aside.

For the floral piece in the front center of the card I decided what size I wanted that piece to be. I trimmed a piece of white/GP for that. I wanted to have a white border around the floral printed piece so I put painters tape on all four sides of the white/GP.  I used the light purple ink again and inked up the Floral background stamp and laid the taped white/GP onto the inked stamp. Once again I used my hands to press the card stock into the inked stamp pattern on the white/GP piece. Set that aside. Here is a photo of that stamp:


Cut the black card stock to the size I needed to fit behind the stamped floral piece. Wanted to have the "Thank You" to be on a black banner so I cut a piece of scrap black stock larger than the banner die I used. I used VersaMark ink and white embossing powder to emboss that. Die cut the banner out.


Using the ATG I put the stamped stripe piece onto the card stock base. I removed the painters tape from the stamped floral piece and put that onto the black card stock using the ATG. Used foam tape to put this piece over the striped card stock base. Using foam tape I put the banner piece on the left side of the floral image. Added holographic sequins to the card front to add some sparkle and shine. TFL.

No comments: