Monday, September 2, 2019

Dollar Tree Stop


Stopped at the Dollar Tree over the weekend and picked up a few things for projects I am working on.  I had seen this sign and decided to pick that up knowing I would be adding to it:


Decided to add a fall coloured bow and two pumpkin buttons I had in my stash:


Also picked up a couple of packages of thin wooden painted and glittered pumpkin stickers. Earlier this year I picked up a used Fun Stampers Journey Pillow Box die at a sale.  This is a small pillow box that measures 2" x 3".  Wanted to use the pumpkin stickers on the fronts of the pillow boxes but did not want to use the pumpkin stickers as they were.  I had picked up layered sunflower stickers on sale at Hobby Lobby so I added those to the pumpkins. The layered sunflowers have a pop dot between the two flower layers as well as a pop dot on the back of them. Using both of the pop dots would make the Sunflowers too high for my pumpkin fronts so I peeled the pop dot off the backs and used hot glue to put the sunflowers onto the pumpkin fronts. I also used a sprig punch from M Stewart and punched out sprigs to put behind my sunflower stickers.  For the sprigs I used gold foil poster board from the Dollar Tree. For the belly bands around the pillow boxes I used scrap autumn themed card stock. Here are the pumpkins:


Here is a photo of the pillow boxes with the billy bands in place:


And the pumpkins on the pillow boxes:


An easy treat holder for Autumn ready for chocolate treats. Happy I found this small pillow box die at a great price and with it making a small pillow box it will be a treat holder for just a few treats. TFL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Candee, Just me stopping in to say these small pillow boxes are great. Really like the size. Also to say-- since my daughter is a much better shopper than I am-- I pass along to her your finds at the dollar store. Thank you for all the shopping tips. Hugs and smiles, Reva