Saturday, September 14, 2019

Wicked Hershey Bar Treat Holder


My SU order for the "wicked" die set arrived this week and I wanted to put it to use right away. I had seen this video by Lisa on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woq0p8h7bnU

She has a very easy pattern for this treat holder using a piece of 6x6 card stock or if you use a sheet of 12x12 card stock you can make four treat holders. Some companies offer a die for the Hershey bar treat holder but just using a score board will give you the same results. Here is a photo of two of the treat holders I put together that have the candy bars inside:


Here is another photo to show when you pull on the ribbon bow the candy bar is exposed:


I made other treat holders but will wait until we are closer to BOO Day to put the candy bars in the holders. (DH has already eaten one of the sample candy bars in the photo.... ;0)   This way I will have fresh treats for the holiday).

Here is a photo of the other treat holders I made but they are still flat and not closed:


Since I will not be putting the candy bars in these other holders until the end of October I typed up the directions Lisa gives on her video to keep in the storage pouch for this project with the holders I have ready and pieces/parts that are extra:


Having the directions inside with the holders that have to be assembled will remind me what to do to finish them -- where to put the tear and tape to close it, to use the crimper on one end, to sponge the edges, and to add the sequins, etc.. A big thanks to Lisa for sharing such an easy treat holder and happy I was able to use some of the prints from my 6x6 holiday paper pads!

I will say with Stampin Up discontinuing their Sizzix Big Shot machine and chatter out there suggests they are changing their dies and you would need a new machine to use the new dies I did not order from their holiday catalog.  I have far too many dies already to have to switch to a new die cutting machine for some other dies..... But in Lisa's video she used the new "wicked" die set and she easily cut them out using the Big Shot machine so that sold me on ordering this die set. So thanks to Lisa for the inspiration!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You make the best Boo-day stuff, Candee! Thanks for the tip to use the Score Board instead of buying a die. Thanks too for the warning about buying dies from SU. I find their dies too expensive anyway.