Saturday, September 19, 2020

Fall Greetings Cards

 

Made some Fall cards using a fall stencil from SimonSaysStamp, Autumn Splendor. Some cards I used a rust card stock base and others I used a darker green base:




Cut and scored the card stock base at the top. Set those aside. For the stenciled front of the cards I used white/GP card stock and that was 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I used various fall coloured distressed inks over the stencil using makeup brushes. Once the stenciled pieces were done I used a stitched rectangle die from my stash and die cut the stenciled piece. Cut a white/GP piece to put behind the stenciled piece. 

For the "fall" piece I used a solid card stock for the fall shadow die to match the card stock bases. For the gold "fall" die cut pieces I used foiled card stock sold in sheets at the dollar store. I used glue to put the gold fall over the shadow die cut piece. This shadow fall die set is from HoneyBeeStamps as is the "greetings" stamp for the strip below the fall pieces. Easy card to put together once all the stenciling and die cutting were done. As with any stenciled piece all the images look different - it depends on how dark I put the inks on as well as where on the stenciled piece I placed the rectangle die to cut it out. This is a nice leaves stencil that will get lots of future use in this craft room I am sure. TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

This looks even better in person! Thanks for thinking of me, my friend! Love the stenciling and the foil. In what Dollar Store did you find the foil? Jan has been looking for it and not found it.