Sunday, September 27, 2020

Tool Share

 Had recently seen this video by Kathya K on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsmaGJFu8Y0

Normally when I use the Nuvo paste or textured paste I use a plastic knife spatula but the plastic can be rigid so it can pull the paste off the card stock so you will not have an even application. Kathya shared in her video that she uses a silicone mask applicator from the Dollar Tree that she cuts and uses for her pastes on her projects. 

I shopped my local Dollar Tree for this silicone applicator but they did not have any in stock. Yesterday when I went to Winston-Salem I stopped at a local Dollar Tree and I was able to buy a couple of these applicators. This is what this looks like:

I took them out of the packaging to show what the applicator looks like when it is sold on the left and after I cut mine as Kathya suggests on the right:

With is applicator being silicone the paste/paint or whatever you are applying can even dry overnight if you should forget to clean it off and all you have to do is peel off the medium you were using with no damage to the silicone. This will certainly make applying texture paste easier and more even on a projects. Thanks to Kathya for sharing her tips - for $1 this "tool" will get lots of use in this craft room!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Wow, that is a great idea! Hugs, Brenda