Sunday, May 9, 2021

Autumn Cigarette Cards

Working on this and that in the craft room and I finished the cigarette cards I made for upcoming Autumn projects I will be working on.... For my cards I used card stocks for my prints -- this first printed card stock is from Hobby Lobby:


this next printed card stock I used is from Echo Park:

I tried to stay to the size the cigarette cards were so my printed pieces are 1 1/2" x 2 3/4". The second print is the frame around my printed fronts. To simplify cutting these all out I used two smaller dies from the Waffle Flower A2 die set - this is a die set I keep on the work table in an acetate envelope I made for it for storage:

I used the die that matched the size I needed for the prints and then the next larger die for the frame piece behind the print. After I cut that frame piece out I also die cut out a piece of scrap white card stock to put behind the prints. Here are the two back frame pieces and the printed front pieces of some of the cigarette cards:

Once all my pieces were die cut I sponged the edges of all the print fronts. Using a glue stick I covered the white frame piece and then put the printed frame piece on that. Used the glue stick behind the printed front piece and put them on the frame pieces. Set these aside to dry.

Once dried I used a clear Wink of Stella pen and added a little sparkle to the card fronts:

Here is a photo of the finished Autumn Cigarette Cards:

I will be making more of these as they will get used on tag fronts, bag fronts, treat holder fronts, tucked into a journal or whatever autumn project should come along - they would also work for paperclips as well. 

When I was getting out the inks to sponge the edges of the prints for the fronts of these I pulled out my Stampin Up Pumpkin Pie ink pad..... big surprise for me when I opened it up:

These little bubbles have happened on other Stampin Up ink pads I have - usually red - and as they were this is now in the trash.... this is one of the many reasons my Stampin Up ink pads are being replaced by other companies one by one -- Close To My Heart and other companies that have better quality of products.  Too much money wasted to end up in the trash.... but I will shop around and find another colour close to this by another company where this will not happen as Pumpkin Pie is a favorite colour for fall projects that I make every year.  

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

These tiny cards are adorable, Candee! Good for you getting started on autumn projects!