Monday, April 26, 2021

No long sleeves needed . . .

 Great idea when the MISTI and other stamping platforms became available for us stampers. . .   soon we found out skin and plastic do not make a smooth combination.... in came the long sleeves.... 

You cut your card stock to the size you need, put the cling/poly stamp in the MISTI for stamping, ink it up, close the door and now you need to pull your long sleeve over your hand so it can glide smoothly over the door of the MISTI while you add pressure to help transfer the inked image onto your card stock in the MISTI.....

Here and there we are seeing other crafters using different tools to use with the MISTI to help transfer the inked image to card stock. I had seen a video on YouTube where a stamper used a dry erase board eraser over the top of her MISTI.  Simple idea and affordable so I bought myself one of the dry erase board erasers.... The shape of this eraser is rectangle so too large to sit in the center of your hand as you apply pressure to your MISTI door.  Then another crafter had someone make her a tool just for this purpose and this shape was a circle - which works well in the palm of your hand... 

Wanted to bring in a "bling factor" to mine to match my beaded pokey tool I had recently made for my craft room.  Something that will get lots of use but also cute sitting on the craft room work table... Off to Home Depot and I bought a package of 4 of the Heavy Duty Felt Pads that are 3 inches and are sold in the furniture pads/slider department -- in my HD these items are on the cabinet hardware aisle. 

I explained to DH that I needed a 3 inch circle cut out of scrap wood and an old door knob. He has a plastic bin filled with door knobs and door hardware and happy me he had two glass door knobs and now I have one in the craft room.  He cut the wooden circle from scrap wood, sanded it smooth, and he attached the door knob to the center of this circle. Here is the first photo of this:

I used red acrylic paint and painted the circle red to match my pokey tool. Once that was dried I peeled off the protective piece of paper from the felt circle and using E6000 I put the felt circle on the bottom of my new stamping tool - here is a photo of the finished tool:

Between the weight of the glass door knob and the wooden circle this new tool works quite well with the MISTI.  It just glides across the MISTI door with very little effort transferring the inked image to my card stock. The 3 inch felt circle fits perfectly on the bottom of this:


Here is a photo of this new tool and the beaded pokey tool I had made about a month ago which is getting lots of use in this craft room:

Fun to personalize these two tools for my craft room.  Both would make fun Mother's Day or birthday gifts for stamping friends. 

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Always nice to have a handy hubby! This looks like it will work great and pretty too!

Martha Robbins said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing.