Saturday, April 17, 2021

Don't let it happen to you - - -

 Last July on YouTube I came across a video from ScrapbookingMadeSimple announcing they would be holding their annual online Warehouse Sale the end of July. In order to order from the online Warehouse Sale you had to watch a video she made about shipping.... So I watched the video and figured her shipping times were extreme and surely she would ship before she said she would and when the sale began I placed an order . . .  Thankfully it was for only $40.00 - which is a lot of money but certainly not as much as others may have spent....

That video about shipping had said she fills all orders for current items first and she would fill orders from the Warehouse Sale here and there, as time allowed, and it could be up to five MONTHS... I placed my order on July 24th, 2020 and today is mid April 2021 and I just checked the status of my order and it still says "Payment Received". . .  I had never heard of her before so this was my first order. I decided she must really be backlogged due to the Warehouse Sale so on Sept. 10, 2020 I placed a small order of current items to see how long her normal shipping -- that she says is "within 30 days" would take . . . 

That ordered arrived December 18, 2020 --  three months after I ordered it. I totally understand things are taking longer due to the pandemic but she is in California and I have ordered from other shops in California and I have received those orders in usually a week after I ordered them! Throughout this year I have ordered from SimonSays, MFT, Altenew, Rubbernecker, IOStamps, The Greetery, Kat Scrappiness, Spellbinders, and SU and I have received all my orders in a timely fashion. 

I check my account periodically to see if my order is even being pulled or shipped and the status has not changed. I emailed and asked about this time frame and received a "pandemic time frame" response. How is it then that the other stores are able to ship out their items in a timely fashion??? I checked to see if she is a member of the Better Business Bureau and she is not. I checked around online and found some people had left posts about their experiences with her - one lady ordered over $100 in items and 8 months passed and no product arrived. She said she emailed them and told them to cancel her order and she wanted a refund and the response she received was that she could NOT get a refund and she would have to wait..... 

I just feel if you are not going to ship my items for 9 months OR SO then you should not take my money until you are ready to process my order. How can she even hope to build a solid customer base of loyal shoppers with this shipping problem? Why would I recommend her to any other crafter????

The way I look at this is I am out $40 but that is all I am out and nothing she sells can I not find elsewhere. I had not heard of her before so I did not know any of this but maybe this will help the next crafter not to order from her. I have never had a bad experience with the other online websites I have ordered from but if I can save another crafter their crafting money then it was worth it.  Just don't let this happen to you . . . 

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the warning, Candee. Sorry it happened to you.